Search the forum,

Discuss Is it possible to 'repair' a Hep2O (Wavin) UFH flow control? in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

After balancing the flows, one of these blighters has started to drip very slowly from under the red cap. It feels loose to turn, so I suspect the seal around the spindle is to blame. It won't be 'worn' as such, as they don't get fiddled with for years, but this tiny adjustment was seemingly enough to set it off :-(

There's another two controllers which are very stiff to turn, so I'm not sure they even open up the desired amount when set - I'd like to get to them to lube them or slacken the gland nuts. So, is there a way to access the spindle underneath the head, and - if so - will they be tweakable, like a normal gland nut on, say, a radiator valve. Ie, is there an adjustable nut there?

Thanks.
PXL_20221206_150102804.jpg

That I am afraid I don't know. It does look a bit retro, so may be a few years old and I understand your reluctance to try seeing if it just pulls off. If you can work out the brand, you may be lucky and find drawings or similar online that may help lead to an educated guess. Sorry I cannot be of much more help.

Reply to Is it possible to 'repair' a Hep2O (Wavin) UFH flow control? in the Water Underfloor Heating Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I have recently had a UFH circuit added to my existing CH/HW system and had a question on performance when UFH and CH are operating at the same time. My boiler is an Vailliant EcoTec Plus 630 and for a number of years this was running with a CH and HW loop only. Each loop had a 2 port...
Replies
Views
Hello! Im Martyn Im new here and have joined for some advice on a couple of things. Ive got an issue with a Mira mixer shower that has increasingly become harder to operate. The shower was installed before I moved into the house. Basically what happens is that I turn the shower on so there's...
Replies
Views
    • Love
I recently moved to a house with an oil fired Aga. After it sooted up, I adjusted the settings on the BM-30 type oil control valve but am struggling to get it settled again. The Aga is overheating even when the low fire is set at the lowest setting. I couldn't find a clear set of instructions...
Replies
Views
Hi Many years ago a builder installed my Gainsborough ambassador shower https://www.gainsboroughshowers.co.uk/parts-store/Gainsborough-Showers/Gainsborough-Ambassador-Concealed/ unfortunately it was installed too far into the wall, maybe 2-3mm, consequently the temperature control arm found on...
Replies
Views
I have a house over three floors with three heating zones. Ground floor is UFH and newish, the 1st and second floor are radiator zones. Historically the radiators don't get very hot on the top floor, however I've just switched them on for the first time since last winter and they are the best...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock