Search the forum,

Discuss Is it possible to put a dishwasher on the other side of the kitchen, opposite the sink? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there,

I was wondering if it would be possible to put a dishwasher on the side of the kitchen opposite to the sink? I know that the waste pipe needs to run down before doing a high loop when joining the drain pipe, however looking at advice from other forums, would this be possible to fit under the floor? Or around the kitchen under the cabinets? I’ve attached a picture and drawn an arrow where I’m intending to put the dishwasher. Thanks for the help!

24E57E8F-12B4-4607-9CDA-818E3347A501.jpeg

Possible, but any reason why you can’t put it to the right of the sink?
Sorry Ben but have to disagree with yer, dishwashers have a small discharge pump so extending the hose too much will cause it to stop working pretty soon if it can do the distance to start with, also the correct way is high asap then drop down into the standpipe.
You could of course install a small pump if you really want the dishwasher there.

Possible, but any reason why you can’t put it to the right of the sink?
So there’s an integrated washing machine to the right of the sink
[automerge]1567454851[/automerge]
Sorry Ben but have to disagree with yer, dishwashers have a small discharge pump so extending the hose too much will cause it to stop working pretty soon if it can do the distance to start with, also the correct way is high asap then drop down into the standpipe.
You could of course install a small pump if you really want the dishwasher there.
I see. Is it common to install small pump for this reason? Would that be expensive?
Would it be easier for a washing machine to be there instead, and have the dishwasher to the right of the sink?

Generally it's how high your pumping the waste that you'll have a problem with. Looking at the kitchen photo it will be about a 5m horrizontal run, so running under the plinth then looping up into the kitchen trap should be fine. I would first check with the manufactures though to see what limitations there are on the waste.

It is common to do this and around £300-700 depending on the choosen pump, moving the washing m/c there would still need a pump imho.

RPM, I said it would be possible to put it there - you disagreed and then went on to explain how it could be done with an extra pump!

I know why you said it and that’s fair enough, I was just trying to explore reason for that position before going into details.

I had a dishwasher with two hoses joined in my last house it was there for seven years with no trouble. This was run behind the units by screwing a batten at an angle starting off just below the worktop and falling down to a spigot below the sink which was about 4m away around a corner.

It required a couple of access holes and a draw string to do it and I wouldn’t recommend it! However, it served us well.

As others have said, it's possible.

How many people are living there? If it's only one or two then an alternative approach might be to get a 'counter top' dishwasher.

Hi there,

I was wondering if it would be possible to put a dishwasher on the side of the kitchen opposite to the sink? I know that the waste pipe needs to run down before doing a high loop when joining the drain pipe, however looking at advice from other forums, would this be possible to fit under the floor? Or around the kitchen under the cabinets? I’ve attached a picture and drawn an arrow where I’m intending to put the dishwasher. Thanks for the help!

View attachment 40223
It's probably possible to run pipework behind the units but what did occur to me was that you might be wanting to rinse off excess food at the sink before stacking the dishwasher and that could result in drips and dribbles over the floor as you cross the kitchen. I tend to like a dishwasher under the draining board. Might be better swopping over the washing machine?

Reply to Is it possible to put a dishwasher on the other side of the kitchen, opposite the sink? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock