Search the forum,

Discuss Is it ever normal for a new bath to drain really, really slowly? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

C

Christophe73

Hi - I have just had a bath replaced during a bathroom renovation and the plug is now in the centre of the bath rather than at the end. It also now has a pop-up waste. The bath used to drain normally but after replacement, the bath drains very, very slowly, even when I unscrew and remove the pop-up. My builder is telling me this is normal due to the smaller pipe but it doesn't seem right to me. Could it be the slope? I was just wondering if it is ever "normal" for a bath to drain really slowly (as in, 10 minutes to empty the bath).

It can be perfectly normal if the waste pipe is somehow blocked.

Why has your builder used a smaller pipe anyway? 40mm/1.5" is standard for a bath - what's he used?

Reply to Is it ever normal for a new bath to drain really, really slowly? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock