Search the forum,

Discuss Is is OK to fit 32/56mm Durgo to 110 waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

F

FeelingCold

Good morning.

Firstly, thanks to the advice so many of you have provided over the years.

I'm in the final stages of renovation and I have specific questions relating to the venting of our kitchen waste water. Please see the attached pdf for my attempt at a plumbing diagram.

We have a dedicated 110 underground waste pipe to which only the dishwasher and sink will be plumbed.

Issues:
1. It is not possible to vent naturally from this area.
2. The 110 waste from kitchen is 5m to the join of the main waste drain, which is a further 3m to the main vent stack
2. the "riser" of the 110 waste is positioned in the wrong place in the kitchen..(don't ask.)
3. There is only a 50 mm void behind kitchen cabinets/sink and therefore cannot have a 110mm Durgo.
4. Void can probably be increased by 10/15 mm by chasing out plaster/render; but not further into the party wall.

Proposal:
I am proposing to use a reducer from 110 to 40 at a level near the floor (cabinets have 150mm vertical clearance).
Plum sink/dishwasher into the 40 drain and using either a 32 or 56 Durgo to balance the system. The diagram of the kitchen sink in the pdf probably better shows what I'm trying to say.

Questions:
Will a small diameter (32/56) Durgo work correctly with 110mm waste drain?
Would this proposed configuration be legal?
Is there a better solution?

My architect says that he has only ever fitted a 110 Durgo to 110 drain in the past.

Thanks in advance.

Andy

Attachments

• Kitchen_Durgo.pdf
    407.8 KB · Views: 66
Obviously I'm looking at your drawing of the set up.
From what I can make out on that drawing it doesn't need a vent. I may be missing something?
Why do you want to vent that particular section?

Wow that was quick! Thanks.
I just assumed that this spur line would need a vent to balance it to ensure the suction didn't empty the P trap.

Reply to Is is OK to fit 32/56mm Durgo to 110 waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I'm installing my first Belfast/butler kitchen sink. It came with the waste and stainless steel drain. To my surprise the kit only has one washer in which the instructions clearly state that it should be placed underneath the sink. My question is, shouldn't there be a washer between the...
Replies
Views
Hi all, grateful for your expertise on the following. DIYer, not pro. Rural property in France Single storey. Septic tank. Late 80s construction with concrete slab subfloor. All of the waste pipes run in the concrete, and exit the property at the chamber as pictured, just outside the building...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, Just in process of relocating kitchen & utility to other side of house but have a question re venting requirements. I intend to connect a sink and dishwasher in the kitchen and a sink and washing machine in the utility room to a 50mm waste pipe running within the suspended floor to...
Replies
Views
Joeab88
J
Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built downstairs shower room. Recently he had this downstairs shower room re-fitted/decorated. Quite a simple set up consisting of a sink, toilet and shower...
Replies
Views
Hello, I would very much appreciate some help/feedback on what I am proposing for my very small ensuite bathroom. While refurbishing it I’m proposing to add a shower. It’s just 1.2m x 1.6m. I have seen similar posts to this on the forum but not quite my situation. I am proposing to run one...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock