Search the forum,

Discuss Is is OK to fit 32/56mm Durgo to 110 waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

F

FeelingCold

Good morning.

Firstly, thanks to the advice so many of you have provided over the years.

I'm in the final stages of renovation and I have specific questions relating to the venting of our kitchen waste water. Please see the attached pdf for my attempt at a plumbing diagram.

We have a dedicated 110 underground waste pipe to which only the dishwasher and sink will be plumbed.

Issues:
1. It is not possible to vent naturally from this area.
2. The 110 waste from kitchen is 5m to the join of the main waste drain, which is a further 3m to the main vent stack
2. the "riser" of the 110 waste is positioned in the wrong place in the kitchen..(don't ask.)
3. There is only a 50 mm void behind kitchen cabinets/sink and therefore cannot have a 110mm Durgo.
4. Void can probably be increased by 10/15 mm by chasing out plaster/render; but not further into the party wall.

Proposal:
I am proposing to use a reducer from 110 to 40 at a level near the floor (cabinets have 150mm vertical clearance).
Plum sink/dishwasher into the 40 drain and using either a 32 or 56 Durgo to balance the system. The diagram of the kitchen sink in the pdf probably better shows what I'm trying to say.

Questions:
Will a small diameter (32/56) Durgo work correctly with 110mm waste drain?
Would this proposed configuration be legal?
Is there a better solution?

My architect says that he has only ever fitted a 110 Durgo to 110 drain in the past.

Thanks in advance.

Andy

Attachments

• Kitchen_Durgo.pdf
    407.8 KB · Views: 66
Obviously I'm looking at your drawing of the set up.
From what I can make out on that drawing it doesn't need a vent. I may be missing something?
Why do you want to vent that particular section?

Wow that was quick! Thanks.
I just assumed that this spur line would need a vent to balance it to ensure the suction didn't empty the P trap.

Reply to Is is OK to fit 32/56mm Durgo to 110 waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock