Search the forum,

Discuss Is fitting a new boiler in the cellar ok? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I have an old tank for my hot water system, I'm wanting to have central heating and a combi installed. My options for placing the combi are pretty limited without it being in the way.

The gas pipe and electrics all come into the cellar. Would it be an option to install a new boiler in the cellar with these? There is a small window in the cellar so am presuming the flue pipe could go out that way?

Depends on flue best get a local gas safe engy out to see if it’s possible

Your flue wont be able to go out of a window unless you brick the window up. Also is the window below ground level? Would the flue be coming out into an enclosed area as you cant have that either.

Im assuming it's a gas boiler as if its LPG then that cant be installed in a cellar.

A cellar can be quite a good spot for a boiler but you will need an experienced GSR installer to give you the run down. LPG is verboten as the gas is heavier than air and oxidises very easily at a rapid rate.
centralheatking

I’ve been pondering fitting an invented cylinder in ours but I’m hesitant as it has flooded before. I assume they can all flood occasionally.

It’s also quite a damp environment which may well shorten the life of your be boiler. Ours is certainly wetter than a garage say.

Other consideration is warranty, if your chosen eng is happy to fit if email the customer services dept of the boiler maker and get it in writing they don’t consider it an issue. Never good to give them a way of weaselling out of a claim.

Reply to Is fitting a new boiler in the cellar ok? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I recently had a renovation done. My builder installed a new Combi boiler instead of my system boiler. He connected the pipework to the digital pump. He did not inform us that we would need a new processor because we had changed to a Combi and subsequently a valve blew. Should my builders...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently fitted a new central heating circuit and ran hot and cold to the bathroom and kitchen in my property (I was a CORGI registered central heating installer about 15 years ago, so I felt comfortable running the flow/return to rads). I am in need of a combi boiler install with a...
Replies
Views
During an install of new boiler ('old' boiler died after 11-12 years) the system was "drained" but I guess maybe 90% of water was left in the (rather large) underfloor pipe system. What is the best way to tell how much inhibitor should be added in this case? (also taking account that system was...
Replies
Views
Flue Snugs Hello all new member here. Flue snugs. I’m seeing a lot of boiler installs on you tube that don’t have flue snugs to comply with Part L building regs. What are the rules regarding flue snugs, do they have to be fitted on all new boiler installs. I prefer to use sand/cement...
Replies
Views
While having new French doors fitted where my window used to be, the windows fitters have come across a pipe that’s in the way. They stop work as unable to identify the pipe, does anyone know what this could be?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock