Search the forum,

Discuss Is ElectroScale scale reducer safe for drinking water? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Good Sunday to you all,

Quick question, as manufacturer still haven’t replied to my email a week later.
I’m looking to install Adey’s ElectroScale scale reducer under the kitchen sink, as it’s compression fitting, straight after stopcock, as I don’t have a water meter, so it can protect entire house. Are those safe for drinking water and will I loose water pressure?
Any advise on these is welcomed.

Cheers,
Lumen

Attachments

• 4469CA0E-5FB3-41C0-B047-E7608030A10D.jpeg
    4469CA0E-5FB3-41C0-B047-E7608030A10D.jpeg
    37.1 KB · Views: 3

Description​

ElectroScale® has been designed to prevent limescale build-up in homes and small commercial properties. The product is a non-polluting electrolytic water conditioner. The electrolytic cell alters the crystal structure of the limescale as it passes through making it less likely to stick to pipes or other surfaces. A ‘fit and forget’ solution, ElectroScale does not require an electrical power supply. Installation meets the requirement in Part L of the Building Regulations for provision to be made to treat the feed water to water heaters and hot water circuit of combination boilers to reduce the rate of limescale accumulation.

Yes its designed for potable water and shouldn't make any difference to your flow/pressure

Description​

ElectroScale® has been designed to prevent limescale build-up in homes and small commercial properties. The product is a non-polluting electrolytic water conditioner. The electrolytic cell alters the crystal structure of the limescale as it passes through making it less likely to stick to pipes or other surfaces. A ‘fit and forget’ solution, ElectroScale does not require an electrical power supply. Installation meets the requirement in Part L of the Building Regulations for provision to be made to treat the feed water to water heaters and hot water circuit of combination boilers to reduce the rate of limescale accumulation.
Thanks Ray, I saw that too. So it’s designed for water heaters, not portable water?

But reading their site it also mentioned “to get the best limescale protection, install it after the water meter and primary filter units (if installed)”

Is it safe to install for whole house protection, including drinking waters, as I know it contains zinc plates inside.

Yes its designed for potable water and shouldn't make any difference to your flow/pressure
This is the info I couldn’t find on their website or get confirmed by the manufacture. I knew there would be people who installed it on here.

Thank you Knappers!

Reply to Is ElectroScale scale reducer safe for drinking water? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock