Search the forum,

Discuss Is copper pipe all the same? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I am about to replace the microbore heating system in my house, and need to buy all the copper pipe and fittings. In Canada, copper pipe came in different grades, and if you wanted top quality you could buy the thicker "L" type pipe, rather than the thinner "M" that is mostly used. Here in the UK it looks like it is all the same at Wickes, Screwfix, etc. They don't even list the type, so I assume it is all similar to the North American "M" grade.

So is it all the same? or are there better quality brands/grades to go for? Are there brands to avoid?

Mostly all the same just keep to the branded stuff eg Wednesbury black label

I have always preferred Wednesbury Tube it has the required wall thickness and when we did medi gas in hospitals and laboratory’s the NHS specified Wednesbury. I looked it up just and to my surprise most of the big names, screwfix etc sell it as standard. We used to pipe bend and swage joints so decent wall thickness is essential. Centralheatking

Reply to Is copper pipe all the same? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock