Search the forum,

Discuss Is anyone clever enough to figure this out? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Most of you are probably familiar with the timers on central heating systems but it's hurting my head.

In a nutshell, there's no heat coming off the central heating and we think it's something to do with the timer. I'll attach a photo that was taken at around 6:10 pm this evening. Obviously the actual time on its wrong but I've corrected it and there's still no heat.

If anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong, much appreciated.

PS - apologies in advance for how dirty the timer looks. Not something to be posted at dinner time but look, I'm cold. Thanks.

Attachments

• 20221205_180135.jpg
    20221205_180135.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 16
Timers on room stat got voltage ?

As far as I can see from the photo, the timer is set to be 'on' between 0415 and 0700hrs, which makes it likely that it is controlling the hot water cylinder, assuming you have one. It also looks to me as though it has been set to 'always on' rather than 'time-controlled'. There is a white lever/paddle with a '1' at one end its travel and a clock face at the other that controls this.

So, for the avoidance of doubt, do you have a hot water cylinder and is the water in it hot? If I'm right, you need to move the paddle to timed mode and set the correct time.

What sort of thermostat controls the central heating? (Take a photo if you are not sure.) Are there any other time switches around, e.g. on the boiler itself? What make and model of boiler do you have?

What do you mean by "Well the light comes on and it makes a noise." Where is this light. Where is the noise coming from and what does it sound like?

Reply to Is anyone clever enough to figure this out? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock