Search the forum,

Discuss Is an additional vent required? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi
I have a toilet in a ground floor WC that was served by a maserator. After problems with blocked pipework due to the long run I thought it would be a good idea to have to toilet connected to the sewage system to get rid of the maserator and pipework etc.

After having a new ensuite added to the 1st floor bedroom a couple of years ago a 100mm pipe was dropped down the side wall of the property, then run for approx 6mts into a newly fitted, extra manhole which broke into the sewer that runs along the back wall of my property. All of this work was fine and approved by building control.

Back to the ground floor WC. I have engaged a ground work contractor to lay the pipe work to serve the toilet, formally connected to the maserator, the pipework will run underground along the front of the property for approx 6mts connect to a rodding point the run down the side of the property for approx 12mtrs alongside the ensuite pipework and then connect to the new manhole that was installed for the ensuite.

I asked the ground worker if the newly piped toilet in the WC would require a seperate vent pipe close to the toilet in the WC. he said it would not as there is already a vent pipe that vents the manhole that both ensuite and grd floor WC pipework will connect to.
I am not a plumber but I am not so sure that he is correct.

I would be grateful if someone could kindly tell me if the ground worker is in fact correct and I have nothing to worry about.

I have attached a simple sketch if that helps
Many thanks
IMG_0473.JPG

Good practice is to vent the highest point of the drain so yes definitely vent it . Will also stop any possible problems basin trap been sucked out.

Reply to Is an additional vent required? in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock