Search the forum,

Discuss Is a missing flange the problem? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a 2nd pump which has recently stopped working properly. Symptoms are 1) usually loses pressure quickly and the pump gets louder 2) no pressure at all. We can fix it by either changing the mixer tap on the shower to cold, then back to hot or by giving the hot feed pipe to the pump a shake (#3 in the picture). I'm wondering if the issue is a missing Essex flange on the pipe coming out of the tank (#2) or the way the plumber has connected this pump to the existing bath pump (#2). Plumber wants to replace the pump but since it generally works, I'm not sure that'll fix the issue. Any advice appreciated!

Attachments

• 20200114_192820.jpg
    20200114_192820.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 36
Missing flange not the problem. Who ever installed it is.

The connection on the cylinder is absolutely fine and designed to feed showers.

What's the height of the shower head from the base of the cold water storage tank.

It maybe that you need a negative head pump.

Missing flange not the problem. Who ever installed it is.

The connection on the cylinder is absolutely fine and designed to feed showers.

What's the height of the shower head from the base of the cold water storage tank.

It maybe that you need a negative head pump.

Cheers for replying SimonG. Not accounting for the piping in between which goes up and down, about a meter.

Is it a fixed head shower or a normal riser rail and hand held shower. If the latter and you put the hand set in the bottom of the shower does the pump start every time?

Is it a fixed head shower or a normal riser rail and hand held shower. If the latter and you put the hand set in the bottom of the shower does the pump start every time?
Normal riser. Yes, sometimes the pump restarts if you lower the shower head and give the hose a wee shake.

Sounds like you need a negative head pump. Really need somebody on site to check it all out and get rid of those plastic pipes.

Sounds like you need a negative head pump. Really need somebody on site to check it all out and get rid of those plastic pipes.
Yep, thanks. Another bit of advice today is that the pump should have 22mm piping, not 15mm which is probably the main problem. Thanks for getting in touch though!

Reply to Is a missing flange the problem? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock