Search the forum,

Discuss Is a Main boiler a Baxi? Yes or no in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

P

PollyPol

So, we were quoted for a Baxi boiler by a local boiler man. He came out and installed a Main. He said it's a Baxi. It's not what we were quoted and he's saying that they're Baxi. I understand they're part of Baxi but they're not actually Baxi boilers right!? He also told us he needed to sort all the gas pipes out and re-do the flue so it'd be an extra £750. He used our tools and wood to rest the boiler on the bracket so he didn't have to re-do the flue. He didn't take the old boiler away. Filled our bin with rubbish. Left *** ends in the garden. We've been done. He unfortunately knew we'd been without a boiler with two children and used that to get more money. Any advice welcome.

If it’s the eco compact it’s exactly the same boiler as a baxi 600 or 800 but costing less and less warranty 5 years instead of 7 or 10

So if you were quoted a 600 or 800 your due some money back

Used your tools and wood you sure he was qualified?

Also was his quote to remove all the rubbish as well ?

It's a difficult one. It could be that it seems worse than it is but without seeing the job and quote its difficult to tell.
If your wanting to dispute it then maybe get it checked by another engineer for their opinion?

Have you paid everything he asked for and did fill he in the Benchmark checklist in the Instruction manual?
Also has he notified Building control and have you had a certificate for that?

Reply to Is a Main boiler a Baxi? Yes or no in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all,new to the forum and hoping to get some guidance through the boiler minefield . We moved into a 70s bungalow last Feb,its got a Greensted 241 junior mark 3. The expansion tank has failed, also it has a Boss therm sender unit wired to it but the previous owner didn't leave the receiver...
Replies
Views
Had our gas Baxi Combi inspected and serviced today, as it has been every year. Gas safety cert issued and says all okay, but engineer gave what I think was very... ambiguous... advice. 12yo boiler with the following readings on the analyser printout: O2% = 4.1 CO ppm = 192 CO2% = 9.5 Ratio =...
Replies
Views
Hi all I've been reading about the Drayton Wiser system and along the way I began to go down a rabbit hole learning about heating system optimisation and efficiency and i've come to the conclusion that the boiler in my property is way oversized for the requirements, The property is a 4 bed...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig cupboard & a megaflo (no tank in loft). However the exisiting boiler is Vaillant ecoTEC 4xx boiler - which is satated by vaillant as an "open vent" boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi All, In Dec 2023 I had my annual boiler service and asked the plumber to change 2 radiator valves as the radiator in the toilet downstairs was not working. He changed both valves and still the radiator was not working. He put some chemicals in and said it should break up anything that is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock