Search the forum,

Discuss Is 32 too old to get into plumbing? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I'm 32 years old and have been working in a chemical plant for the past nine years. Before that I worked for a tiler for two years as a helper / apprentice and having been made redundant from the chemical plant recently I've been doing the tiling full time. My plan was to start with small jobs like kitchen splash backs to get more experience and gradually build up to bigger and better paying work. However, I'm still very slow at it and unfortunately I'm allergic to a lot of the materials. My face comes out in a rash and my hands get ruined to the point where I need time to recover after each job. I wear gloves but its almost impossible for my hands not to come into contact with water and it makes life very awkward. I would love to get into plumbing but wondering whats the best way to about it at this age and if it's even realistic. Any thoughts, advice or opinions are welcome. Thanks, Joe

Your will be touching lots of water, sewage, chemicals, silicon, flux and dirt while plumbing!
Is that going to be a problem?

If you have problems with your hands getting messed up you are going to hate plumbing. They take a right battering as Scott says.

Reply to Is 32 too old to get into plumbing? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock