Search the forum,

Discuss Iron pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

I need to T into an iron pipe. Both sides of the proposed T are attached to stuff that will prevent the pipe being screwed into a fitting, even if I get the tools to thread the pipe ends.

How do you connect into this stuff? In copper it would take 30 mins.

sorry dont understand what your saying?

sorry dont understand what your saying?

I have some cast iron piping in my (40 year old) heating system.

I want to install a new radiator.

I need to connect into the flow and return pipes and they are 1" iron pipe.

How do I do it? I can't just cut it and fit a compression T because as far as I can see no such fitting exists.

The existing fittings on the pipe are threaded.

I can't fit a threaded fitting in the middle of a pipe - even if I can thread the pipe.

As far as I can tell, nobody has added anything to this system since it was built around 1980.

right ok

decided where the tee is going

cut one side correct to length and thread using a stock and die

for the other side cut 4-5" more off you can go more if this helps eg 10-12" and install a union so you can thread the new piece into the tee

hope this helps

right ok

decided where the tee is going

cut one side correct to length and thread using a stock and die

for the other side cut 4-5" more off you can go more if this helps eg 10-12" and install a union so you can thread the new piece into the tee

hope this helps

Excellent thank you.

Pipe union - never thought of that - obviously never needed one on copper.

Another order for stuff the local plumbing Centre have never heard of coming up!

Another way might be to take out the iron section between two iron joints then use iron to copper fittings with an intermediate length of copper pipe. Again use the BES catalogue to decide what you need as it includes engineering type drawings alongside the fitting and price
centralheatking

Or employ the services of a heating engineer and take take the missus out for a pub lunch will be done by the time you get back home :p kop

Reply to Iron pipework in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock