Search the forum,

Discuss iphone app Gas Rating Calculator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sdenhirst

Has anyone used this before, suppose to save a lot of time?

how long can it take to multiply a 2 min reading x 30 to get gas rate, then by 10.76 to get HI, or if only really HI is req'd then multiply the reading by 321

Different method to mine Kirkgas, sounds simple though..bit more maths with mine.

Having some app? whatever that is exactly, is very well but learn to do it by calculating. The sums are quite easy to remember and work out.
If you start depending too much on these things you may one day be sitting scratching your head wishing you could remember the most basic of things.

come on tamz, get with it mate, you cannot stop technology advancing. plus, its a good excuse to get a gadget!!

i scratch my head already so may as well go for it!!!lol

For 35 years i was able to drive anywhere and find it with only the aid of a street map. Couple of years ago my lassie bought me a sat nav. It is brilliant (but not as smart as it would like to be sometimes) and i use it all the time. Have one in every van and the car. Sometimes if i forget it and leave it in the house it seems like i have totally lost any sense of direction.
Great how you come to depend on gadgets so quick and forget skills and things you have known all your life if you don't use it.
I'll stick to a pencil and paper in the meantime:eek:

i use that app on the iphone - its a great bit of kit! - the app that is - the phone is sh..

i too have no sense of sirection anymore since getting a sat nav, if i go round the corner i ask for the post code!

lets be honest most of us dont even need any mental arithmetic any more calculators and computers have done away with the need

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to iphone app Gas Rating Calculator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Informative
Why am I not surprised? Britain’s gas network still using engines from 1960s RAF fighter jets Ageing aircraft turbines will cost millions to replace, says National Gas chief Jonathan Leake14 January 2024 • 5:49pm Mr Butterworth, chief executive of National Gas, says the network is powered by...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas industry working in North Sea and further afield operating on high pressure oil and gas plants. This line of work means I have on average 6+ months off a year, im thinking of training to become a domestic gas engineer in my time off to earn a bit extra...
Replies
Views
Hi. I have just qualified as a registered gas safe engineer I am keen to work with someone who is more experienced for the first year or so to learn more about identifying faults ect (ideally based in SE London). I can be available at short notice for ad hoc work (It doesn't need to be a...
Replies
Views
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this record long post!! I work on the operational management side or a small building contracting firm. This question is for my own house setup. We are really fortunate to have a large house, about 5,000sqft in total over 3 floors. It was built around...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock