Search the forum,

Discuss INTIAL GAS SAFE INSPECTION in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi people of this forum I have a quite unique situation, I have recently finished my college course and have applied for my GSR, the previous threads that I have read in this forum say that they would like to see a calibrated FGA, knowing this I have looked up the prices and they are way out of my budget, bare in mind I am only twenty years of age. Can someone shine some light on this matter for me because I am quite worried to say the least :(

There is a company we use called GESUK and they rent them at a reasonable cost.
They also sell them. We recently bought another Testo 327-1 for under £400. (in the £300's somewhere), which is good.
You're going to need one anyway so it would be better to put the money you would rent one for toward buying one.
Most of the tools and equipment you'll need are expensive in this trade but necessary. Your charging out rate should cover the costs over time. I presume you're self employed?

You can't do any service work without an analyser and the inspector is going to want to see work?
You can get some quite cheap now, when I first started you weren't gona get much under £700 but now could prob get something around £300
If you don't require one for what your doing (not sure what that is) then the inspector doesn't need to see it.
They also love a bit of LDF at hand and an on site guide or two.

Good luck

If you aren't Employed and that would also include not Self employed then you won't get an inspection.
Gassafe know whether you are employed / self employed as your name will be registered against a company or business name.
You won't get a Gassafe card until you are Employed / Self employed.

Just to add, I was Corgi / Gassafe registered (and employed on gas work) for 20 years and didn't get a single inspection.

FGA not required all the time, for example SE boilers and communal SE boilers, but yes as per @Gasmk1 rentable ones are available, City plumbing used to hire out one Anton in one branch. As mentioned GES I believe their customer service is excellent. I believe they want to see lock off kits and a volt stick too for TB118.

Reply to INTIAL GAS SAFE INSPECTION in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock