Search the forum,

Discuss Internal Soil Stack Connector in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Attached photo shows a bath waste to internal soil stack that's probably been leaking since the house was built.

Problem I have is that the connection is not easily accessed. Can anyone please advise if the bath waste pipe connector is push fit?

Anyone have any good ideas to fix the problem?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Regards

Russ

Attachments

• IMG_4286 2.jpg
    IMG_4286 2.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 21
Vis a rubber boss adapter into the stack never like them as they don’t last prefer the solvent weld ones

The one at the back is push fit you can’t use solvent glue on pushfit pipe

Soil stack is fine for solvent eel it’s the waste if you can change them you can glue into the stack or you might be able to change the adapter for compression ones

Soil stack is fine for solvent eel it’s the waste if you can change them you can glue into the stack or you might be able to change the adapter for compression ones
Thanks again for the quick reply.

Think i understand what the options are.

Challenge is that the connector/soil stack are about 16" out of reach...

Is it possible to fit the solvent prepared parts without being able to get hands on the immediate area?

Sorry no looks like you will have to cut access holes

And who says the plumber who installed when the place was built did the job correctly?
If the rest of the house is anything to go by then probably not..although having inspected the boss adapters there's no sign of any glue or cement.

Discovered there are 2 leaking connections to the soil stack. One is fairly straightforward to fix after having cut access holes in the plasterboard. They're both 40/32mm rubber boss adapters. Does anyone know of a way to connect a solvent weld 40/32 adapter to push fit pipe? Full access to the 2nd leak would involve tearing the bathroom apart.

Depends that may fit but depends on the manufacturer of the soil pipe

Thanks for the continued support - much appreciated.

Attached shows the situation I have. The top aperture is fairly straightforward to sort as I can access all of the pipe as it is at floor level.
The bottom connector is slightly more awkward as I can only access about 15"-20" of the pipe and the rest is buried beneath huge slabs of chipboard type floor boarding. I can't back it up enough to remove the rubber adapter. Had thought about cutting the pipe and inserting a flexi/extendable compression connector.
Anyone have any better ideas?
Thanks again
Russ

Attachments

• IMG_4287.jpg
    IMG_4287.jpg
    272.6 KB · Views: 6
Will it move back 2” ish / do you think it would ?

Will it move back 2” ish / do you think it would ?
Have really tried but it'll only budge about half inch if that.

Thought about cutting the pipe and then reconnecting using this - McAlpine FLEXCON3 Flexible Connector White 32 x 156-206mm - https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/mcalpine-flexcon3-flexible-connector-white-32-x-156-206mm/34977?tc=WB5&ds_kid=92700055281954514&ds_rl=1249404&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIutilt_uG9QIVFWHmCh1DvADfEAQYASABEgIdoPD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

If 11/2 or if 11/4

If 11/2 or if 11/4

Even better option! Thank you for that.

Reply to Internal Soil Stack Connector in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock