Search the forum,

Discuss Internal pipe leak - could dripping continue after water turned off? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a growing damp patch on my ceiling, I initially assumed it must be from the empty flat above (and therefore cannot gain access), and have since used emergency cut off for that flat.
I'm now wondering if it could a problem in my own flat, so cut a hole in the damp patch to investigate - but just hit a metal strip above the plaster, but it did release some trapped water, I've also shut off my own water supply but the dripping has continued.
I've tried to drain my system to the lowest point (bath tub), the fact I can still hear dripping, does this make it more likely it is from the flat above, or how long could I expect my own pipes to continue dripping after the water is cut off (or could it be a central heating pipe).

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Reply to Internal pipe leak - could dripping continue after water turned off? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock