Search the forum,

Discuss Intermittent NO flow from Milano thermostatic mixer shower in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Need a section on here that covers showers.....

have a Milano Elizabeth shower mixer, often when I open the flow valve fully there is no flow at all, it is fully pumped, but a flow is possible without the pump on, if I move the temperature control slightly back and forth the flow returns. Usually this happens when first operated but sometimes even if the flow is turned off during a shower.

my thoughts are maybe there is an internal Non return valve, which is sticking.....my plumber says never seen this issue before......any thoughts please ?

Has it always done this or just gotten worse over time ?

Any pictures of the pump set up ?

the pump setup isn’t the problem, it worked perfectly with 2 previous shower mixers.....the supplier tech person phoned me and suggested it’s the built in NRVS that’s the problem and I should remove them, but don‘t see how both could stick at the same time to have a zero flow.....earlier the mixer played up again with no flow, I turned the shower pump off, then tried the temperature control as before but made no differenc, so lowered the shower head to the shower tray and the flow resumed, so that must mean something......will tell the supplier tech person next time we talk, just need to identify the issue
1- pump ok with previous shower mixers
2-No Flow situation occurs with or without the pump switched on
3-usually turning the temperature control knob restores the flow, but not always
4-new finding lowering the shower spray to the shower tray floor restores the flow.
5- does t always happen when first turned in can get a No Flow during a shower if it’s turned off temporarily

just don’t know 🤯🤯🤯

The old mixers I bet you were suitable for gravity your new one is a high pressure one requiring a uni or negative head pump hence the no flow problem as yours needs a minimum of 1 bar should be 0.1-0.2 minimum for a positive head pump

does that mean that lowering the shower head 5m’ would be enough to get a flow ? Is there a fix ?......once it starts flowing, without a pump I can put the shower head back in its cradle and the flow continues

It’s just enough flow to get the pump to kick in

needs changing to a low pressure mixer or a uni / negative head pump fitting

Or maybe removing the NRVs and cleaning / changing the shows head may help, they did specify a minimum of 0.5Bar, but I showed it to my plumber before we bought it amd he said ok go ahead and order it......

what is a negative head pump fitting can this be retro fitted ?

It’s a new shower pump to replace your existing positive head pump

positive head requires flow to turn the pump on uni or negative requires pressure drop eg opening an outlet

The header tank water level is approx2m - 2.5m above the shower head. Is it easy to determine the head pressure ? And is head pressure gain linear ? Wonder how much I would need to raise my loft tank to make a difference. Hopefully wouldn’t need much, as sometimes it works, thanks

About 0.2 bar

10m is 1 bar

You might get just enough but you could have a cross normally held in with cir clip

You could have a cross circulation if you have an imbalance of pressure one could back flow through

the check valves are easy enough to remove there normally in the nuts that’s connect onto the pipework

Reply to Intermittent NO flow from Milano thermostatic mixer shower in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

V
Hi All, Hope all are doing great. I have replaced two separate tap of my bathtub by mixer tap with thermostat. Previous with two separate tabs, water pressure was strong, but after replacing it by mixer tab with thermostat, the water pressure has lost drastically (in tab as well as shower...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hello. My mixer shower (non-electric) recently started running luke warm. I know this can happen at this time of year over winter but I've been in the property over 10 years and it's never been this bad before. The combi boiler was checked and is ok. The hot water from taps is uneffected and...
Replies
Views
Hi Guy's, Looking for some advice on an issue I have having with a recently installed thermostatic mixer shower in my ensuite. Everything was working fine for a coupe of months however now the valve has started misbehaving which is resulting in having to turn the temperature valve round further...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
We have a pumped shower with a thermostatically controlled mixer valve. My wife complains that when she is having a long shower (hair wash etc) the shower runs at the right temperature for much of the time but suddenly changes to run cold, usually during the hair rinse time, for no apparent...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock