Search the forum,

Discuss Intermittent loss of cold water pressure in a domestic main system.....HELP! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Balbvs

G'day guys. I have a normal domestic cold mains supply into my 1956 built semi. Recently, the bathroom basin cold tap won't run unless the toilet sistern is refilling. If I leave the tap open and flush, the tap doesn't run but if whilst the tank is refilling I turn the tap off and then on again the water runs normally at the right pressure. Then once the sistern has refilled, the water then cuts itself off. Have you any suggestions please?

Last edited by a moderator:
The inners of the tap have failed.

Either new tap or new tap internals

Hmm! I am assuming the water in the bathroom is fed from a storage tank (cistern) in the roof space? Usually if it is the tap you can either replace the washer or the head set, if it is faulty.

However if the water has been off or the storage tank drained out for some reason then it is probably an air lock. It all depends on a few things, write to the forum and confirm the supply is off a tank first though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Intermittent loss of cold water pressure in a domestic main system.....HELP! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can anyone help me with an ongoing issue I've had since I had an annual service on my combi boiler, which is a Potterton Performa 24. Literally after they left I started experiencing yellow water (pale) from all my taps - hot and cold, including the toilet. This was intermittent and then...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I turned my cold water feed off in the airing cupboard which supplies only cold water to my bathroom but it also turned the water to my toilet off is that a correct set up? Because it didn't used to before the stop valve in airing cupboard only turned off the cold water supply to...
Replies
Views
We have recently had water hammer issues. Plumbers have installed an arrestor near our kitchen sink and a device in the toilet cistern to slow water shut off. Worked for a bit, but hammer returned. This morning, while the toilet was refilling and the shower was on, there was a loud thud that...
Replies
Views
Hi I've got water hammer issues with my cold feed and some with the hot feed. When the cold sink tap, cold bath tap and thermostatic shower in the main bathroom is opened and closed there are hammering sounds from the living room ceiling. It sounds like knocking. There's no hammering whilst...
Replies
Views
This is doing my head in, so I am turning to the experts here for any wisdom... In the last couple of days I have very low cold water pressure in my downstairs utility room and downstairs bathroom (they back on to each other). The main cold feed (kitchen tap) is normal pressure. And all the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock