Search the forum,

Discuss Intermittent hot water problem wb combi in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

P

pete green

WB combi has recently had it's annual service. It has been working reliably up to that point for many years.
Now we keep losing hot water - temps on boiler increase over 100 on the display and it shuts down heat.
Engineer claims it's coincidental and must be a blocked heat exchanger that has nothing to do with the service.

Is this plausible or is there something else to look for ?

Reply to Intermittent hot water problem wb combi in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Milky hot water. Recently had a Viessmann 100-W combi boiler installed. Now when the hot water reaches any tap it is very 'milky'. This appears to be micro bubbles and clears, upwards, in a few seconds leaving no residue. Though this is a hard water area in 45 years have never had this cloudy...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My disabled daughter’s hot water has stopped working. It’s a relatively modern Potterton boiler with an indirect sealed hot water system and a Nest controller. I’m familiar with the old gravity and pumped hot water systems and the new direct systems but not with sealed systems. Recently...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, thanks for adding me. My Veissmann v50 combi gas boiler has recently started to supply only lukewarm water to the bathroom above it. This is about 3 metres away, so quite a short pipe run. It supplies hot water fine to the kitchen taps, which are about 1 metre away. It also supplies very...
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
Hi, I have a combi-boiler system and while I did some plumbing many years ago I have never fitted a combi-boiler and am confused by this problem . I removed a radiator on the upper floor of my house to clean and paint the wall behind it, when removing it I shut down the lockshield and packed the...
Replies
Views
Allan 1234
A
Ferroli 32c he (combi) So after having a 2 week holiday, we have come home to no hot water. It just cycles on off every second. Heating working fine and have to use it for the water to be hot. No fault codes. Clicking noise in the pcb on trying for hot water? Things I have checked. Diverter...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock