Search the forum,

Discuss Intermittent hot water on WB Greenstar 30 Si in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
I have a WB Greenstar 30 Si and I am having a problem where the DHW intermittently cuts out then comes back on after a couple of mins. It happens on all taps/showers including the kitchen tap. When the problem occurs the flame light on the boiler goes on and the fault indicator light stays off. Initially the problem mainly occurred on the upstairs shower only but over time seems to have spread to the downstairs shower and also downstairs kitchen tap.

This often happens even with just 1 person in the house having a shower and no other usage for hot or cold water, but it can be replicated by turning on the kitchen cold tap. Immediately the shower will go cold and the flame light off.

I understand that the cause could be the plate heat exchanger or DHW temperature sensor. Both have already been changed but to no avail.

Another suggested issue is low gas pressure at the meter, but I get an annual gas safety certificate and I believe this is checked during the inspection.

The only other remaining possibility that I have come across is a faulty or partially blocked flow turbine adaptor. Although nothing is leaking. Could this cause the problem I am describing?

I am a home owner looking to get some advice. Not going to do the work myself but just trying to figure out if it is worth trying to repair the boiler or perhaps go for a replacement. I know that Bosch offer a fixed price repair service but considering the plate heat exchanger and temperature sensor have already been changed, the options of the engineer seem to be limited. And there is no point paying £300 just to get the flow turbine adaptor replaced.

Many thanks,

Hans

Try isolating the cold feed into the boiler and run the hot tap, if it still runs, then you could have a passing cold into the the hot, so like a failed shower check valve.

Do you know your mains flow rate ?

Reply to Intermittent hot water on WB Greenstar 30 Si in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All, I wonder if you can help me? I have intermittent hot water low flow from all taps in my 4 bedroom house upstairs and downstairs. I can sometimes recover the usual water pressure by turning the hot and cold water taps on and off which seems very strange to me. There is no problem...
Replies
Views
I am having a problem with my main 24he boiler where the flame is constantly clicking on and off with the heating and when using hot water. Some times the flame failure light comes on but it ignites again after a few seconds. The plumber has changed a couple of sensors on the boiler and checked...
Replies
Views
Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that heats on controlled load over night. The large tank is in roof space of 60s built villa unit. Every few mornings, no hot water will come out of...
Replies
Views
Afternoon. I have an issue with no water flow from any of the hot taps in the house, I can't seem to find a solution to the issue. System is a megaflo unvented indirect cylinder (125i) boiler is a Worcester greenstar. I have good pressure on the cold feed and all the usual stuff works, taps...
Replies
Views
Got intermittent hot water coming the from a combi boiler to kitchen mixer tap when it hits the T junction for the upstairs bath it's hot, but on the other of the T junction to the kitchen mixer tap it's stone cold, anyone any ideas ?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock