Search the forum,

Discuss Intermittent EA fault on on Worcester Greenstar 38 CDi GC 47-406-38 in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

Can anyone help?

I've got a problem with an intermittent EA fault on a Worcester Greenstar 38CDi Classic GC 47-406-38. I was called out to it but couldn't get it to go to fault- each time it fired up however, on a video the customer took he kept having to reset it.

I checked the gas rate (all okay), cleaned the condense trap (bit dirty nothing major), CPA fine, replaced electrodes (bit pitted) and leads. All okay until today and it went to fault again- customer reset it and working again. I said I'd have another look.

Could be either the fan or gas valve I "guess" don't want to replace either unless 100%. I'll phone Worcester Technical tomorrow when I'm there but, hate doing that if I can help it- I wish it wasn't intermittent :-(

If anyone could advise I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you

James

Last edited:
Bearing plate easy to do

Bearing plate easy to do
Thanks Shaun. I've never done one :-( Always a first time! :)
[automerge]1600805275[/automerge]

[automerge]1600805533[/automerge]
Hi Shaun! Went out to it again today. Bearing was stuck as you suggested- absolutely top advice! Easy to fit too, also as you said (found an excellent video on you tube). Thank you so much!! James

Last edited:

Reply to Intermittent EA fault on on Worcester Greenstar 38 CDi GC 47-406-38 in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock