Search the forum,

Discuss Intermitent DHW and CH problem cutting out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alex Boothby

Hi Guys,

I hope you can help.

Boiler: Ideal Mini C28

I will try and describe as efficiently as possible.

First of all this problem is intermittent, sometimes the boiler works great and other times its a pain.

So sometimes when running the hot tap, the boiler will fire up and I will start to get hot water, however after a short amount of time the flame goes out in the inspection hole and the light begins to flash quickly and the water goes cold. Sometimes, the flame will ignite again and I will get more hot water for a while. This process will repeat. On bad occasions it will not relite at all. When the flame has gone out you can still hear the pumps/fans whirring.

I've taken a video of what is happening https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-mli_3iVBleUW5UbVZSSHdDRTg

Other things that may help diagnose and other maybe non-relates issues:

- Turning the boiler off at the plug and leaving it off for a while and then turning it back on SOMETIMES temporally fixes the problem.

-The CH tends to work for much better. However, if it has been on for a long time the same issue can occur - the flame goes out and the light blinks fast. You can still hear the fans/pumps whirring.

-Even when the DHW is working if I put the hot tap on at a decent flow rate the water will never get hot enough (could this mean the heat exchanger plate needs replacing).

From a quick google could it be a faulty thermister?

When we have a gas man out to have a look he can never diagnose it.

Any help much appreciated!

Many thanks!

No diy boiler repair advice is given on this forum. Please read the forum rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Intermitent DHW and CH problem cutting out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am having a problem with my main 24he boiler where the flame is constantly clicking on and off with the heating and when using hot water. Some times the flame failure light comes on but it ignites again after a few seconds. The plumber has changed a couple of sensors on the boiler and checked...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, first post here So I have been boxing in a number of heating pipes that are throughout my garage since the boiler was located there by the previous owner, they decided to run pipes all along the edge of the garage floor... I do however have one that goes vertically out of the concrete...
Replies
Views
I have a Vaillant ecofit pure, we had it installed about 6 years ago so it's not an old boiler, a new pump was also fitted at the same time. Anyway, I have the hot water set to come on the morning but the last couple of days I've noticed after around 10mins it's cuts out, then after s couple of...
Replies
Views
Hello, Looking for someone who can please help solve this problem and fix our boiler. Staffs area. CH seems fine. Boiler can be coaxed into full burn with the fan spinning at full speed, so I think everythings fine on the gas/air/flue/condensate side of things. If there is DHW demand on the...
Replies
Views
B
Hello, I hope someone can give some advice with this problem. I have a Vaillant ecoTec plus 418 with Drayton MA1 mid-position actuator, Drayton HTS3 cylinder stat, Honeywell DT90E room stat and Drayton LP522 controller. Boiler fires up reliably, but after it cuts out as soon as the DHW...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock