Search the forum,

Discuss intergas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjg

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
simple Q, any one fit one , what do you think of them , :confused:

Eccles Plumbing Supplies an no i don"t work for or deal with them be fore any one asks

I like the idea, I want to try one but the "right" job hasnt come round yet.

plumbase supply them, but I understand that intergas is concentrating on independants. great little boilers to install and use. Only drawback are the facts that they dont supply a filling loop, no bypass is fitted in the boiler, instructions may catch you out initially re installing a room stat on low volt side (forget to tell you to remove 240 link!), plus side simple built in time clock, you can install and run on DHW initially if you dont have time to pipe in heating side, f small boiler if you use a robo kit expn vessel. done a couple now and pleased with the results.

i have done the course very impressed but still have not bother as only come with 3 year guarantee as opposed to broag and viessmann 5 years

thanks for the heads up, must try to fnd one to play with, the 240s a bit scary!! chris.

In the last 4 months I have fitted about 15 intergas boilers ,never had any problems ,great boiler.

Hi Quality, sorry I can't find the original thread. The problem I have with my Intergas 36:30 compact is that it is throwing this undocumented intermittent fault 61 F. I suspect there may be a problem with the low voltage o/p from the control board. I am reading 25.5 volts the spec says 24volts. I have 238v AC from the mains supply ( polarity is correct and have < 0.5 ohms between neutral and earth ie good earth). If you have a moment in your travels could you measure your AC supply and low voltage. You can measure the low voltage supply across the 220 ohms dropper resistor or between pin5 and pin9. I plan to test the board out on another installation but your input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi Quality, sorry I can't find the original thread. The problem I have with my Intergas 36:30 compact is that it is throwing this undocumented intermittent fault 61 F. I suspect there may be a problem with the low voltage o/p from the control board. I am reading 25.5 volts the spec says 24volts. I have 238v AC from the mains supply ( polarity is correct and have < 0.5 ohms between neutral and earth ie good earth). If you have a moment in your travels could you measure your AC supply and low voltage. You can measure the low voltage supply across the 220 ohms dropper resistor or between pin5 and pin9. I plan to test the board out on another installation but your input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

Its here http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/central-heating-forum/18811-intergas-boilers.html#post130413

I am totally confused and need some good advice please. I have spoken to 6 or 7 different gas engineers this week, All express different opinions about which boiler i should choose. I have a back boiler that is on its way out and have been recommended to go for a Worcester, Vaillant, Ideal and intergas. Having read reviews both good and bad about all of them, i am extremely worried about wasting my money. Do you know if Intergas is reliable, and if it is hard to get parts, should it go wrong? I am at my witts end , not knowing what to do. I need a good reliable boiler that is not going to break down and cause me MORE problems.
Please help.

Many Thanks

Linda.

do not go for ideal!!!!! worcester and vaillant are both excellent boilers, worcester have 7yr warranty if fitted by a accredited installer and vaillant have 5yr! not sure on intergas here alot of good stuff about them,

but they are basically a old 4 pipe boiler re-worked as a combi, seperate circuits etc so no need for diverter valve etc, good in theory!

I am totally confused and need some good advice please. I have spoken to 6 or 7 different gas engineers this week, All express different opinions about which boiler i should choose. I have a back boiler that is on its way out and have been recommended to go for a Worcester, Vaillant, Ideal and intergas. Having read reviews both good and bad about all of them, i am extremely worried about wasting my money. Do you know if Intergas is reliable, and if it is hard to get parts, should it go wrong? I am at my witts end , not knowing what to do. I need a good reliable boiler that is not going to break down and cause me MORE problems.
Please help.

Many Thanks

Linda.

the lifespan of any boiler will be greatly effected by the quality of the installation so its just as important to choose a good engineer.

fantastic piece of kit possibly one of the best on the market at the moment in my eyes + if you get platinum 5 accredited installer 5yrs warranty.

I like the look of the intergas, but not sure about how the combi version would cope with being fitted in a very hard water area, has anyone got any info on this ?

Hi, Intergas combi boilers are innovative very efficent and useally of good quality. However it seems I am the only one to have recieved the untested "Friday afternoon" one. As I was installing the unit outside the UK, the on-site warranty didn't apply, so any issues would require good professional quality support - which is sadly lacking at Intergas UK. (The boilers are designed and built in the Netherlands).
I have been waiting for 6 months for a response to my complaint by Intergas.

Here is a copy of the mail I sent to the Merchant. (names removed)..

Hi XX,
You will be pleased to hear that I finally managed to clear the last
remaining fault on the boiler and it is now running perfectly.
Whilst this is a good result I do have some concern with both the
quality and final test of the product and in addition the poor quality
of technical support in the UK. It is evident that this particular
boiler wasn't tested when it left the factory.
Here is a brief summary of the faulty components that were replaced:
Faulty fan - did not rotate on initial install and I received
replacement from Intergas.
Faulty gas valve - This was replaced by Intergas technical support
when I returned the boiler to them.
Faulty ignition - Ionisation electrode. I purchased this myself as
Intergas refused to replace it?
Faulty control board - I exchanged this with one from yy plumbing

The problem with the Ignition electrode (not providing sufficient
energy to ignite propane low flame) I identified prior to returning
the boiler.
Despite pointing this out to the Intergas technician this was not
replaced. The fault on the control board should be of more concern to
you and your customers. This fault ( displays 61F) is intermittent and
undocumented. Intergas UK have shown no sign of investigating this
issue.
The most frustrating aspect of this episode is having to deal with
people who have little electronics knowledge and whose fault finding
techniques are limited to reading the manual and swapping modules.
The issue with the ignition electrode being a case in point, where
much time was wasted dismantling the boiler and readjusting the
electrode gap.
The tests that were carried out by Intergas UK where of a cursory
nature and did not reveal either of the last 2 faults. Indeed the
boiler was returned with parts missing.
Given the amount of time I have spent ultimately rectifying the above
faults without the aid of the Intergas support team I feel that I am
justified in requesting a form of recompense from Intergas UK. I would
suggest they supply me with the repair kit free of charge.
I would view this as a gesture of goodwill on their part for all the
inconvenience caused over the last year.

******** end ******

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to intergas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock