Search the forum,

Discuss Intergas Combi Eco Rf 30 - Williams & Co. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Ch4 plumbing

Intergas Boiler Review

So I picked up the Intergas Eco RF 30 from Williams and Co at the Crawley Branch, Service was great and considering Intergas had forgotten to get in contact and were proving hard to get hold of Williams still honored the FREE boiler and flue and squared me away with the required boiler and parts on the Friday ready to be fitted first thing Monday morning, here are my thoughts good and bad, honest and free from bias.

The boiler comes in a well packaged box secured with plastic packing ties, it seems very light and perhaps that's because the boiler is "missing" the expansion vessel or perhaps its the excitement of fitting this make of boiler for the 1st time? Who knows but what I do know is it was a doodle to push up through the loft hatch and unpack.

Fitting the fixing strip is as easy as drilling a couple of holes and bolting to the wall, we had the Robo kit so fixing maybe slightly different if you use the rear mounted jig/expansion vessel.

Sounds strange to mention but the paper Template is massive, and a right pain to move around and position so ended up cutting it down for ease! (Think man with Large OS map on a windy day)

Boiler is lined up and dropped onto the fixing bracket without a problem and a quick wiggle to make sure its seated properly ensured confidence of fixings.

Open up the Robo kit box and their in front of you is not only the expansion vessel and bracket (and thankfully the large jubilee clip for ease) but also the full bore valves for the Cold main, Flow, Return and Gas pipes all colour coded and ready to fit, No problems their and all easily installed as expected.

Onto the Flue and the second part of this boiler that I'm not overly impressed with (1st being the oversized template) I opted to flue the boiler vertically and changing the turret was simple and speedy, but the 45 deg bend into the turret felt loose and unsecure and it was only when I fixed the whole flue with the supplied bracket that it all tightened up! might just be worrying about nothing but used to fittings being a little tighter into each other, overall it went together as any other flue with no other dramas.

Ill add I do like that the lead slate is actually lead and easy to fit.

Purged the gas and filled up the heating and vented, fired up the boiler and went through the commissioning sequence which is frankly the easiest thing in the world to do, everything worked as expected, which left me to muck about with the settings really out of interest rather then any pressing need.

Overall a very easy boiler to fit that looks pretty good with the base panel fitted, quiet and very easy to strip and maintain, That said we fitted this in a loft and I'm not 100% sure if the customer would want it in the kitchen if it wasn't in a unit!

I would certainly fit more of these and have already started using The Intergas Rapid as my boiler of choice for some building works.

I would like to say a Massive thanks in Particular to Ray Stafford for all his help, he is certainly a man who delivers what he promises, and also Intergas for the opportunity

Good to hear an honest positive review mate. I've been dead keen to try intergas but my only reservation has been the difficulty trying to get on a training session. They just don't seem to respond. No doubt I could fit it but I like to know my product inside and out so that I can explain it to the customer and answer their questions

Thanks Chris.

Please keep us up to date if there are any ongoing issues.

Ray

the difficulty trying to get on a training session. They just don't seem to respond.

Expect a call on Monday Matt. :)

We have courses running at Burgess Hill on 29th October 2015 or Dartford on 30th Sept, 1st Oct or 28th Oct 2015. To book, contact Amy Poulter at [email protected] or on 01329 226522

Expect a call on Monday Matt. :)

We have courses running at Burgess Hill on 29th October 2015 or Dartford on 30th Sept, 1st Oct or 28th Oct 2015. To book, contact Amy Poulter at [email protected] or on 01329 226522

Any chance I can get on 9ne of these courses Ray as I have a couple of these I will be installing soon. 1st one on Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Intergas Combi Eco Rf 30 - Williams & Co. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock