Search the forum,

Discuss Intergas boiler- automatic bypass in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassmonster

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all,
I'll be installing my first intergas boiler and wanted to know if it comes with a built in automatic bypass or will i have to install one bearing in that the radiator in the hallway will have no trv as that's where the roomstat will be installed.

also, will 1 bypass suffice where you have 2 zones or will each zone need one?

Hi you an external one defo,the way I look at a rad being used as a bypass is what if a customer turns it off and also I would say when the boiler is running on low as nearly up to temp it will be around 5kw, is the bypass rad able to take that load? Pop bypass after pump before zone valve and your be fine mate
Hope this helps

Thanks for the reply Jay. All of my zone valves will be just below the boiler so the distance isn't great. Will this be ok?

Hi mate its not a problem you may have to adjust bypass to suit but that no worries mate,hope it goes well best boiler in the industry!!! One thing that you should do to make it run better is range rate the heating output and set flow temp to 70 max.if its a system or combi you can run the pump as non modulating which can really helpful.

Hey Bassmonster, are you on Facebook? If so, PM me and I will add you to the Intergas installer club group there. It includes a lot of very tech-savvy intergas installers, plus quite a lot of Intergas employees.

best boiler in the industry?
Please explain

There are some great boilers on the market but I just feel with the intergas it's easy to install and fault find,also if you inherit a job with sludge/ debris issues the boiler is the easiest to clean . Just brings something positive to the boiler market I've worked on them for some time and can't find any negatives yet
Hope this helps in your quest

ive fitted a few, the MI's say that the bypass has to be at least 6M from the boiler to avoid overheat.. the MI's also state 'if' all rads have TRV then the bypass must be fitted, usually the towel rail or another rad we will fit with LS valves and thats that sorted
good boilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Intergas boiler- automatic bypass in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented tank, zone vavles, pump, expansion is on first floor in airing cupboard - Currently piped as S-plan. - Hive controls. - Would like to fit 6-zone...
Replies
Views
Hello all I hope you are well. This is my first Post here so..... I recently had a Vaillant ecoTec Sustain (Combi) installed under the ECO Grant Scheme to replace a 14 Year Old Ideal ISAR HE24. When the Ideal was installed in 2008 for my Mum there was also an Automatic Bypass (ABBV1) fitted...
Replies
Views
C
Pardon my lack of explanation skills, I would try to summarise and make it comprehensive as much as I can. I hope someone can help or advice. I have a CH system with a combi boiler and a bypass radiator in the hallway. However the problem is the house is quite cold. I am in an end of terrace...
Replies
Views
Hi. A new house regulation for a 2 zone heating system because it's bigger that 150sqm. I'm I right in saying zone 1 should be all of the downstairs radiators and zone 2 all of the upstairs radiators ? I have thermostat room programmer down the stairs and another one upstairs. I think the two...
Replies
Views
We live in a 1980s four-bedroom detached house. The time has come for new central heating. The current system is a mild revision of the original heating installed when the house was built, and this revision was largely to replace a life-expired boiler: non-condensing fan flue boiler open...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock