Search the forum,

Discuss Intergas 28/24 boiler in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

S

seymour

Morning and thanks for letting me join the group.
I'm having a problem with my Intergas 28/24 boiler. The boiler will fire up first time , reach the set temperature then switch off. When the temp drops and the boiler fires back up it won't restart and goes to fault code 4. I've taken the front cover off and have seen spark and flame at 1st fire up and attempted 2nd. After a couple of hours and Im guessing once it has cooled down the boiler will start again but fail at second .
The same process also happens if I just ask for hot water. (although hot water has been fine through out the summer)
Any help would be appreciated
thanks

You need a gas safe registered engineer for that fault, it could be a few things and removing the cover needs checking for safety afterwards too.

Thanks for the reply Chris
I should have spent more time on the question. My plumber gas /safe engineer lives a fair drive away and i wanted to give him a bit of a heads up before he came. When I wrote remove the front cover I meant the white panel at the front which allows you to view the flame via the mirror on the upper left hand side, not the heat exchanger cover . Be sure I'm not about to tackle the problem myself .
Thanks

Yes I gathered you meant that cover, but it still forms part of the combustion circuit. As I said it could be a few things, which all need checking. If your engineer is familiar with Intergas boilers they should know what to check and what parts may be needed. If not then a fixed price repair from Intergas could be an option for you.

Reply to Intergas 28/24 boiler in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock