Search the forum,

Discuss intergas 28/24 advice please in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello Everyone

I have an intergas 28/24 combi boiler which is three years old. I have the central heating set at 75 degrees and I have the thermostatic radiators opened fully to 5 but yet the flat gets warmish but never hot. The honeywell remote room stat gets to 22 degrees (set at 25) and I have a British gas smart meter monitor and that shows the same temperature. i set the stat at 25 so the boiler will keep the rads hot constantly but it doesn't seem to do so.

I have cavity walls which have been insulated , modern double glazed windows and 100mm loft insulation

This might be a stupid question but I thought with the radiators opened fully the temperature should easily get to 25 degrees or at least stay hot if they cannot reach that temperature. On a cold night the flat never gets cosy warm so you have to switch the radiators down.

The boiler was serviced in November and the plumber flushed the system but did not power flush the system. There is constantly air in the system no matter how many times I bleed the radiators.

The radiators are the right size for rooms in a two bedroom maisonette but maybe they need to be triple radiators instead of double ones. I visit other peoples flats and they feel warmer and heat up more quickly.

Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Peter

Do you know if the boiler is on weather comp ?

Hello Sean

Thank you for your response. No I am not sure, Is that in that in the settings?

Thanks
Peter
[automerge]1581614454[/automerge]
Hello Sean

I just googled weather comp. The original engineer did not fit an outside sensor.
Thanks
Peter

From what I've read about elsewhere, make sure your thermostat isn't being heated by the radiator (as in above it) also your radiators need to be balanced. If you constantly have air then I'd be looking at a possible leak?

From what I've read about elsewhere, make sure your thermostat isn't being heated by the radiator (as in above it) also your radiators need to be balanced. If you constantly have air then I'd be looking at a possible leak?
Hello Keentolearn
Thank you for your message
I do keep the thermostats at other side of the room.
and away from the radiators. I think I am going to have to get someone in to investigate further.
Thanks again

Hello Again

Over the weekend I watched some videos on balancing just wanted to investigate my system a bit more. I live in a two bedroom flat. I have 5 radiators with thermostatic valves and 1 heated towel rail with minimal valves and no lock shield. I bled all the rads and towel rail. The lock shields were all fully open which i thought was strange from videos online.

I switched the heating on and listed what order rad came on in. It was difficult to get exact order as some heated up at same time. I switched the heat off and let it cool. I then went to 1st rad and opened lock shield a quarter turn and so on for all rads. I cannot do the towel rail which was number 1 on the list anyway.

When I switched the heat on again with thermostatic valves fully open and I have noticed a lot less gushing and noise in rads. But I set the thermostat to 25 degrees and in the living room the thermostat could only get up to 22 degrees.

What I did notice is the radiator got very hot and then cooled off before reaching the desired temp on thermostat. Do you think there could be an issue with the pump on the boiler.

Thank you in advance.
Peter

Reply to intergas 28/24 advice please in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock