Search the forum,

Discuss Intentionally Blank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Macabre

Hi All. Though I'd pop by and say hello. I've been looking for a plumbing specific forum to provide me with any future help, advice and friendly banter.

I am currently doing a part time evening C&G 7202 level 1 Plumbing course at my local college. This was instigated by my difficulty in obtaining a plumber to replace a leaky ball cock valve in my ancient Fortic hot water tank. I managed to get one in the end (a former work colleague incidentally who had retrained). However I felt this was something I could have done myself and all the plumbers I had contacted were just not interested in taking on this type of job.
So I decided to embark on my very own plumbing journey of discovery and enlightenment.

I was initially very apprehensive because of my age and gender (female fast approaching 40), but the group on my course are fantastic. As I expected I'm the only female, but I've never felt out of place or uncomfortable and I'm thoroughly enjoying myself. I plan on returning next September to do the level 2 course.

What to do in the future I'm unsure of. Initially I just want to be able to do all my basic plumbing (so far I've replaced my shower, some tap washers, unblocked my drains and replaced my downpipe and hopper). I want to at some point replace my bathroom and kitchen.
A future possibility is to actually re-train as a plumber, but will see how this works out. By the time I have spent two years in college on the C&G course I will have paid off my mortgage and hopefully rustled together a bit of savings, so will be a bit more financially free to give up my day job (pays well but boring) and perhaps find someone to employ me whilst I do my NVQ(s). Basically I'm leaving my options open.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings, hope to catch people about the site.

Welcome to the madhouse.

If you're a borderline alcoholic you'll fit straight in.

Hooray another wrongun. In the nicest possible way of course. Welcome to the forum

Welcome to the forum and thanks for the informative intro.

Welcome along Macabre, you will find all the advice you need right here and a lot of laughs:punk:

Welcome Macabre , would you like some moldy cheese to go with your wine ?
( Still re-learning not to get hung-over on cheap red,again )

Thanks for the welcomes.
How many posts do I need before I can include links/images in my posts? Tried to post a query using a picture and I wasn't allowed.

You will get a lot of attention because you are female, that's how this forum seems to work. But by reading your post you are up on it well done

Welcome to the club and enjoy the ride!
:party::party::party:
:party::party::party:

Welcome along macabre,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Intentionally Blank in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock