Search the forum,

Discuss Intec 34c hot water pressure low but boiler isn't. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi everyone,

I've got a strange one. My boiler (intec 34c combi) has good pressure (high end of green).

When I open a hot water tap, the boiler fires up fine but it's just a trickle that comes out the tap. The water does get really hot though. My boiler is placed over an alpha flowsmart 50 if that's got anything to do with it.

Good evening Abliss,

You’re confusing the pressure required for your heating and hot water to be delivered by the boiler with your incoming water pressure. What’s the cold like? Has any work on the water main been carried out in the area?

Good evening Abliss,

You’re confusing the pressure required for your heating and hot water to be delivered by the boiler with your incoming water pressure. What’s the cold like? Has any work on the water main been carried out in the area?
Cold water supply is as strong as ever. No difference in the pressure there.

Is it all taps? Yes?

Then there’s a restriction between the cold where it splits from the cold mains to go into the boiler and the hot out.

Could be a filter or plate heat exchanger.

Is it all taps? Yes?

Then there’s a restriction between the cold where it splits from the cold mains to go into the boiler and the hot out.

Could be a filter or plate heat exchanger.
Yeah it's all the taps including showers. I was reading on how it works and there's a blending valve which takes the hot from the flowsmart tank and mixes it with cold. Possibly there?
I'm not sure how my system works, if it's possible to get hot water directly from the boiler, or if it only allows hot water to come from this tank which is fed hot water by the boiler.

Yeah it's all the taps including showers. I was reading on how it works and there's a blending valve which takes the hot from the flowsmart tank and mixes it with cold. Possibly there?
I'm not sure how my system works, if it's possible to get hot water directly from the boiler, or if it only allows hot water to come from this tank which is fed hot water by the boiler.
It's working OK now.
I had a dream last night and it was a couple of levers that got knocked. So looked into the boiler again this morning and noticed a small white box with a small slider on it. Moved it, and now pressure is normal. In the picture there's a thin metal lever/slider which is at the top position, well that was about 1cm down. Pushed it all the way up, and now all is good.
Scared to move it incase I make it worse haha.

Attachments

• 20210902_071340.jpg
    20210902_071340.jpg
    369.5 KB · Views: 17
It's working OK now.
I had a dream last night and it was a couple of levers that got knocked. So looked into the boiler again this morning and noticed a small white box with a small slider on it. Moved it, and now pressure is normal. In the picture there's a thin metal lever/slider which is at the top position, well that was about 1cm down. Pushed it all the way up, and now all is good.
Scared to move it incase I make it worse haha.

Actually, this was just a coincidence. Not sure what that lever does. Back to low pressure.

Actually, this was just a coincidence. Not sure what that lever does. Back to low pressure.
Looks like a zone valve, it allows hot water water to heat cold tank water.

Sorry, I didn’t realise you had a tank, thought it was a combi, so disregard what I said about plate heat exchangers.

Sorry, I didn’t realise you had a tank, thought it was a combi, so disregard what I said about plate heat exchangers.

Yeah, I googled it and it's what you say. It's a Danfoss HPA2, which is a 2 port valve actuater. I don't know if this could be part of the problem or not though. I initially thought the blender valve might have something to do with it but I think that just mixes cold water and the hot water at a particular setting (currently set to 1).
Attached is my boiler set up

Attachments

• Heating System.png
    Heating System.png
    24.2 KB · Views: 7
How does the 2 port valve work? When does it activate the actuator and open/close the valve? Does it communicate with the boiler thermostat or the heating control thermostat?

I seemed to have resolved it. There are two modes on my boiler; Summer or winter. I switched the boiler to summer mode and the hot water pressure seems to have come back to normal.

Reply to Intec 34c hot water pressure low but boiler isn't. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock