Search the forum,

Discuss Insurance Boiler Cover - Quinta 65? Urgent Help Needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Garda

I have two Quinta 65 Boilers which have been put in my house which I have built. I tried to get insurance on the boilers but Direct Line refused to insure them as they are commercial boilers in a residential property. I 'm not sure why I have these commercial boilers in my house, but I was advised that I needed them despite my house not being bigger than an average sized house. Does anyone know where I can get insurance for these boilers on a residential property?

Many Thanks

Define average house,

if you live next door to john terry then the average house on your street might warrant it. If you live next door to white dee then I fear you may be have over kill.

try domestic and general

****tishhash. Might help u. Why u need insurance ? They probably find excuses. I would keep money and just wait an just pay a local man.

Define average house,

if you live next door to john terry then the average house on your street might warrant it. If you live next door to white dee then I fear you may be have over kill.

try domestic and general

Its a new 4 bedroom detached new build. D & G would not cover it.

****tishhash. Might help u. Why u need insurance ? They probably find excuses. I would keep money and just wait an just pay a local man.

I was told that its quite an expensive boiler to run if it breaks down - so having 2 is going to cost me a lot if it breaks etc. Just can't find anyone who will cover the boilers. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

No it's really cheap to run when broken down ;)

I wouldn't want two of those heaps in my house! I cannot see what you need 120kw of power for? Do you have an open air pool? Or perhaps your actually heating five houses on street? If you live in a 4 bed house with no industrial processes or an outdoor heated pool then you will save lots and lots by removing boilers and installing one the correct size and fit for purpose. What size gas meter do you have? U6? Look on dial it will show the Qmax= then a number . If it's less than 12 m3/h your are under-gassed and don't even work to the correct outputs so it's like having 5 washing machines each for a different week night wash.

No it's really cheap to run when broken down ;)

I wouldn't want two of those heaps in my house! I cannot see what you need 120kw of power for? Do you have an open air pool? Or perhaps your actually heating five houses on street? If you live in a 4 bed house with no industrial processes or an outdoor heated pool then you will save lots and lots by removing boilers and installing one the correct size and fit for purpose. What size gas meter do you have? U6? Look on dial it will show the Qmax= then a number . If it's less than 12 m3/h your are under-gassed and don't even work to the correct outputs so it's like having 5 washing machines each for a different week night wash.

I have no idea why they are there. I just can't find insurers for over 60kw boilers?

I've seen 45kw quintas in large town houses but 2 65s in a semi?

Garda,

Now your house wouldn't be in Siberia would it, now these chaps are right to ask about the size of those boilers, there is a possibility that you have a duty and standby boiler,
this is rather unusual since most heating jobs are penny pinching and there is a post bumping along the bottom here on the virtues of install under size boiler not oversize.

When the house was built and the total usable floor area and then we call all put the myths to bed about your boiler sizes, BTW you don't have a swimming pool do you.

With regard to insurance perhaps do as Ermintrude say, there are commercial engineers that can maintain them, where do you live, I have installed lots of that 65KW boiler and always found them reliable, but
as someone as said the spare are silly money.

If you could take some boiler room photos stand well back they would help.

Tony

Where are you Garda, we don't like unfinished symphonies here!!!

It's not a plant room tony they are on wall in kitchen, the 15/50 under boilers and 15mm clipped to top of wall units

He's gone the way of many others, perhaps it was a April fool prank, if it was genuine he won't be cold next winter with an undersized boiler

Have them taken out by a Gas Safe Registered Engineer, replace with correct boiler size, sell the commercial boilers as whole, or for parts, im guessing you'd make some money back off them that way.
If the parts are expensive, then you will have no problem getting rid of them for a nice price

Hang on Sneds we are not certain yet they are too big, I think your financial projections are a bit out if you don't mind me saying, it's not like scraping a new car for bits, of which I know nothing about.

I think the OP is having the photos developed at Boots 35mm slides

Last edited by a moderator:
#Happyflyer my dad is also gsr in domestic & commercial , he has for years kept old boiler parts and sold as re-conditioned , big market out there for rare boiler parts that are obsolete in shops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Insurance Boiler Cover - Quinta 65? Urgent Help Needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the radiators but still gave hot water to the shower and taps. Naturally we thought there was a fault with the boiler. We had already arranged a yearly...
Replies
Views
Hi, I just moved into a house about a month ago and today I noticed a small gap in the tube above the boiler flue. Is this something I need to call an engineer out asap? I guess so but wanted to post just in case people have explanation of this setup. I poked a tiny tie wrap and it goes all...
Replies
Views
Dear All New member here, coming looking for help. A few weeks ago I had work carried out by a British Gas Homecare service technician. It required a drain and refill of the system, and as he left, he advised my I would need to bleed all the radiators, at some point, given a few days, when...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this could be as a result of us noticing the sound more when there is less environmental noise). Unfortunately, it is severely disrupting our sleep, so we...
Replies
Views
About 10 months I started having issues with a gas like smell in my home and the gas board was unable to find any gas leak I've still got the issue. When I first made contacted enviromental health I was told the following Could be my drains and to have my drains checked. Could be the sewers...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock