Search the forum,

Discuss Instinct Mag Cleaner Service in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

I have an Instinct Mag Cleaner fitted to my system, but was never given the spanner nor spare o-rings. The body cap is approximately 100mm across.

i will soon be doing a small amount of plumbing on my system and was hoping to top-up via the mag, but am reluctant to touch it due to the lack of spare o-ring and spanner. Obviously there are other options for topping-up, but would prefer to address the issues with the mag.

I assume i can use a (rubber) strap wrench to get the lid off, unless anyone knows where i can buy a replacement spanner? Have looked on the web, to no avail. I would also like to have a spare o-ring (set?) at my disposal, but don’t know the size. Are these things fairly standard, bearing in mind the lid size quoted above?

I suppose i could make my own o-ring by buying a reel of rubber and cutting / glueing accordingly, but have jo idea of the thickness of the thing or whether they are all a standard thickness?

Being a staunch pessimist, i just know that the first moment i touch it, it’ll start leaking and i don’t want to be without heating at this time of year.

Any help / advice, will be gratefully received.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Bucket underneath the drain port pull magnet out the top of the filter should just lift out

then use the bottom key / blank to open the valve at the bottom while holding the bucket underneath

As above has said but they are available Instinct Magnetic Filter 22mm INMAG22 - https://www.crossling.co.uk/instinct-magnetic-filter-22mm-inmag22 also mkm stock them may be worth contacting either of them for parts
Thanks. I did spot that there were a couole of places selling them, but to the best of my knowledge no-one is offering spare parts which is not a good sign; unlike, say, the Adey that has parts widely available. As you suggest, i’ll give them a call though.

As Shaun said above.

Close both valves, bucket underneath, pull magnet out the top then open one of the valves. It will flush all the crap out the bottom.

Dont touch the lid if you can help it. Its just waiting to pish out all over.

Did you ever find a replacement Lid Remover if so where ?

I always leave them with the filter, but someone has removed it when I went back to clean the filter on a rental.
i cleaned it as others have said, but I would ideally use the canister when I flush the system and put new inhibitor in, so it’s quite frustrating not to have the proper Lid remover. I might try and get a Strap Wrench type tool for the future.

-
Did you ever find a replacement Lid Remover if so where ?

I always leave them with the filter, but someone has removed it when I went back to clean the filter on a rental.
i cleaned it as others have said, but I would ideally use the canister when I flush the system and put new inhibitor in, so it’s quite frustrating not to have the proper Lid remover. I might try and get a Strap Wrench type tool for the future.
No bud. In the end i got a plumber to change it to a Fernox TF1 Omega filter, which is a different beast altogether and suffers no such hassles.
As you say, a strap wrench should do it but then I would still be concerned about that large O-ring and whether I would be able to get a replacement it that is exactly the right size. Maybe they are readily available, but I just don’t know.

Reply to Instinct Mag Cleaner Service in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock