Search the forum,

Discuss Installing washing machine. How to open water pipe? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

T

Tony__

I know nothing about plumbing and I'm installing a new washing machine. How do I get water out of the pipe below (cold water)?

scv_16105417490427776764497355569525.jpg

The upper fitting is possibly an isolation valve which has a screw slot to turn on the water. There may be something similar in the lower fitting but poor photo.
Don’t spray any water about because that mains socket is too near.

The upper fitting is possibly an isolation valve which has a screw slot to turn on the water. There may be something similar in the lower fitting but poor photo.
Don’t spray any water about because that mains socket is too near.
Thanks for the answer. Here is a better picture of the lower part, which is where the water is supposed to come from (this is a cold water only machine and I am certain that the top is for hot water).

There are no screws that I can see and I nothing I can easily turn with my tools.

Attachments

• ggger.jpg
    ggger.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 32
  • thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 27
1. The valve at the very end of the pipe is a washing machine valve.
2. The plastic open / close handle is missing.
3. Screw the washing machine connector onto the open end and make sure it is firm.
4. Turn the brass spindle with a spanner / grips / pliers.
5. The item above this valve in the same pipe looks like a non-return valve and doesn't need touching.

Reply to Installing washing machine. How to open water pipe? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock