Search the forum,

Discuss Installing my Grundfoss 15-90 Home Booster Pump upside down in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bob_the_plumber

Hi,

Tomorrow I am going to install my new pump to give the hot water a little boost. It is going in the hot water outlet from the vented hot water cylinder. This is a vertical pipe with the water flowing down.

To get the direction right I would need to install the pump 'upside down' with the flow switch and the controls at the bottom of the pump. Not recommended in the instructions and by others. Is that the final answer? Don't do it?

In which case I need to put in some extra pipework to move the pipe through 90 degrees so that I can install the pump horizontally which is allowed.

Is that my only option?
Thanks

Grundfos are a good manufacturer and their gear is expensive so I consider the extra pipework
worth doing - dont forget to install a manual bypass/shut off valves for when the unit needs replacing which happens to all however good.

centralheatking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Installing my Grundfoss 15-90 Home Booster Pump upside down in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is unvented and pressurised. The cold water feed into this cylinder is from the attic tank, not the mains as I turned off the mains stopcock to see if hot...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have an OSO Direct 210 hit water cylinder installed in my home, with 2 switches (on/off; and boost). The boiler is for hot water only (rads are electric). In the 5 years that I’ve lived at this property, I’ve never once turned the boiler off; however, with soaring energy prices, I’m...
Replies
Views
I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I currently have an ideal mexico 2 heat only boiler - It has one DAB pump on the boiler return and a 2 port valve at the flow pipe to allow for heating...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The existing pump flows downwards. The manual for the proposed replacement recommends that it should pump upwards. This would involve rearranging the flow &...
Replies
Views
Hello, I’ve been doing my first refurbishment is a two bed flat with a bathroom and ensuite . Learnt a lot and been grateful for input’s especially from Shaun. The customer had ordered swan neck mixer taps for kitchen, bathroom and ensuite. On installing then all the hot water flow is none...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock