Search the forum,

Discuss Installing a wetroom correctly in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

thompsonbrown

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Having read some previous posts, I felt it was a good time to explain how I install wetrooms.
This is a recent wetroom installation I carried out with pics to explain the process.

Step one: Prep work,
View attachment 17046
Using the correct materials will help in this process. Always use a good latex primer (Not PVA) on any walls to be tiled.
View attachment 17047
In areas such as wet rooms, a tanking kit must then be used. I use ardex but there are lots of other good ones. Moisture board can be used for building walls before tanking, however the best solution for this is tile backer board';
View attachment 17045
Holds more weight of tiles and is also 100% waterproof. I use Marmox
but there are other suppliers available. All parts of prep work are important but tanking the floor of the wetroom is the main factor in where most problems lie in a poorly installed wetroom.
Make sure you follow manufactures instructions.I use Impey Aqua dec floor formers with ther tile safe membrane kit.
View attachment 17050View attachment 17048

In around 15yrs of using this kit I have never had a wetroom failure and will continue to use. However there are other floor former & tanking kits available.

Most wetroom manufacturers recommend underfloor heating under tiles used in wetrooms, make sure your ufh kit is appropriate to your membrane requirements.
View attachment 17051
Fixing of tiles...
IMG_8138.jpg I always use 1 part flex adhesive (not the stuff in tubs) I use this in all my tile fixing. There are other products "two part adhesive" etc... never had a problem using 1 part but there are some occasions, which I dont want to go into, when 2 part adhesive should be used.

These are a few of the recommendations I would follow in installing a wetroom.
The following pics are of the finished job, and other wetrooms I have installed.
As a plumber by trade, I would be more than happy to give some advice to fellow plumbers on the correct ways to install wetrooms.
PM me or post if you want more advice on wetrooms.
Hope this helps.

IMG_8240.jpgIMG_8233.jpgIMG_8226.jpgIMG_8152.jpgIMG_8211.jpgIMG_8200.jpg

Bathroom b4 & after
IMG_7953.jpgIMG_8177.jpgIMG_8217.jpgIMG_8237.jpg

Other wetrooms B4 & after
34 (60).jpg34 (36).jpg34 (31).jpg34 (78).jpg
DSCN0250.jpgDSCN0375.jpgIMG_7991.jpg
1k.jpg005.jpg027.jpg39.jpg29.jpg33.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the detailed how-to, useful stuff! Your attachments don't seem to open, though.

Looks good fella, bet those lights in the recess by the bath were a pain

Not as much as fitting lights in shower screens
34 (22).jpg
Thanks for response Irish appreciate it

Thanks for the detailed how-to, useful stuff! Your attachments don't seem to open, though.

Not sure why sorry about this. I am also a member of the tiliers forum.co.uk where these pics and more can be seen

Yeah these guys that design all this stuff don't appreciate the fact the most of us don't have dainty nimble fingers with all their grub screws etc

Yeah these guys that design all this stuff don't appreciate the fact the most of us don't have dainty nimble fingers with all their grub screws etc

Cheers Irish, will stick to plumbing not web designing.

Nice work. If I did bathrooms would like them to look as good as yours.

Thanks matey for your comments.
The important part of this post was showing how to install wetrooms correctly.
Have just informed admin of why these pics aren't avalable. I hope we can correct this quickly.

Tidy!!!!!!! Tried to pm you but couldn't. I would love as much info as possible on wet rooms and tiling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Installing a wetroom correctly in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock