Search the forum,

Discuss Installing a replacement basin/ped? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

UK

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys. What's the preferred method of installing hot and colds to a basin on a ped? I know a lot are piped up inside of the ped but with monabloc mixer taps on flexis I'm thinking it may result in the pipes knocking about? Any advice you guys have would be great, thanks.

Try and keep the flexis straight ..no sharp bends..not for appearance but tight bends do split...always put a ballofix on hot and cold angled so you can operate easily. To be honest
basin and ped set ups are a bit out of fashion. The basin with a cupboard under is way better easier to clean and fit neatly. It can get a bit crowded behind and inside the ped especially with a waste pipe and easily accessable trap ...centralheatking

on the wall clipped either side (1" off centre line) you could use chrome so it doesnt look too bad if there that was inclined

eg

or you could bring them out 3/4 the way up

eg

not the best images but you get the point

Attachments

• 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 9
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    94.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 15.JPG
    15.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 17.JPG
    17.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 9

Reply to Installing a replacement basin/ped? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock