Search the forum,

Discuss Installing a drain to pick up condense? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys.
I need to run a condense pipe and 2 water softener flushes(15mm copper) to an external drain.
The problem is that the nearest drain is the other side of a door way, so running some 1 1/2” pipe over to the existing drain isn’t possible.
They don’t really want a soak away but there is a 3rd option. As the existing patio is raised, I could lift a couple of slabs by the back door and install a drain to pick up the pipe work. I could then terminate this drain into the existing drain. But, I’m not sure what’s best or what drain would be suitable for this? If you guys could offer any advice that would be great. Cheers

Think I’d do the under the patio thing but seal all connections and add a breather pipe, which will also detect any blockages and may allow rodding. Flush from a water softener is high flow and should keep the pipe clear. Why not in 4inch?

Reply to Installing a drain to pick up condense? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock