Search the forum,

Discuss Installation of a condensing boiler and 7 rads???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobo128

Gas Engineer
I know it doesn't really work like this without seeing the job but give me a price for fitting a condensing boiler and 7 rads re piping the whole lot, you can use hep for most of it, the ground floor 3 rads are on drops and are being chased into the walls( not down for plastering) the existing system is conventional, f and e tank and cylinder. labour only, not materials???? Cheers

Day rate x days to do it = price

only you know your rates and how fast you work.

Labour only then I'm not interested!

In my books it says you do not trust me from the onset ... It says about you "I'm tight" .... It says to me you have your back up and saying "You're not taking me to the cleaners!" So! You're heading for finding someone who will make sure they cover every eventuality in the labour and cost you more from the onset!!!

ÂŁ500/ 8hr day and I'll make sure it takes a good few!!!

You are my joy to say, NOT INTERESTED!!

That's my approach :)

Labour only then I'm not interested!

In my books it says you do not trust me from the onset ... It says about you "I'm tight" .... It says to me you have your back up and saying "You're not taking me to the cleaners!" So! You're heading for finding someone who will make sure they cover every eventuality in the labour and cost you more from the onset!!!

ÂŁ500/ 8hr day and I'll make sure it takes a good few!!!

You are my joy to say, NOT INTERESTED!!

That's my approach :)

I dont get it. please explain???

What type house is it
how much furniture
empty or occupied
whose chasing the drops ?

find that out then will be able to work out how much grief

Nothing much to get. Steve don't do labour only. Neither do i for most of the reasons he stated and more :smile:
Everybodys own choice how they work.

Ill do it for 1.5k 2 days inc chasing walls and sweeping up. Shove the help will be more of a hindrance. Make sure tea on tap.

I dont get it. please explain???

Labour only is a custard way of getting the job done as cheap as possible .... are they going to supply every screw, rawlplug, roll ptfe, pipe fitting, etc...etc...? How do they know how you work? How do you cost that into your hourly rate?

Labour only in my mind says "I'm not interested in how good you are, I want to know how cheap I can get the job done for!" The professionalism of the installation is incidental and not important to the custard! They most likely are 'showmen' like to show what they have and brag about how 'cheap' it was done for!!!

So I say, you fleece them for as much as you can get for their ignorance to your ability............ In My Humble Opinion!!! :)

I do not entertain anyone who asks Labour Only!! In my experience they have no respect and end up a nightmare to work for!!

Nothing much to get. Steve don't do labour only. Neither do i for most of the reasons he stated and more :smile:
Everybodys own choice how they work.

What are your reasons? Are you saying its dodgy working for labour only? or are you saying it would get dragged out and cost a fortune?

Labour only is a custard way of getting the job done as cheap as possible .... are they going to supply every screw, rawlplug, roll ptfe, pipe fitting, etc...etc...? How do they know how you work? How do you cost that into your hourly rate?

Labour only in my mind says "I'm not interested in how good you are, I want to know how cheap I can get the job done for!" The professionalism of the installation is incidental and not important to the custard! They most likely are 'showmen' like to show what they have and brag about how 'cheap' it was done for!!!

So I say, you fleece them for as much as you can get for their ignorance to your ability............ In My Humble Opinion!!! :)

I do not entertain anyone who asks Labour Only!! In my experience they have no respect and end up a nightmare to work for!!

Yes I see what your saying, It's a job for my old firm. The people who have bought the house have got a grant to bring it up to living standards. Im not dealing with the customer directly, I am just giving a cost for my labour to do the job and then my old gaffer is going to supply to materials I ask for.

I know what you mean though.

What are your reasons? Are you saying its dodgy working for labour only? or are you saying it would get dragged out and cost a fortune?

He means someone is going to get shaken until their teeth rattle........

It won't be you...

Yes I see what your saying, It's a job for my old firm. The people who have bought the house have got a grant to bring it up to living standards. Im not dealing with the customer directly, I am just giving a cost for my labour to do the job and then my old gaffer is going to supply to materials I ask for.

If you are subbing that is different. Anything you have to supply can be invoiced and usually paid without quibble.

Are you 'subcontracting'? maybe a different kettle of fish depending on who your subbying too Hobo128 and what it may bring in the future! Still for me personally it'd depend on past experience of the person I'm offering my labour too! Do I trust them, are they taking advantage of me? Basically Whats in it for them? And stick to your value of how much a day's work is worth!

10 days? Won't be getting any repeat work! If u used to work for him how long would he have given you for job and how much would he have paid u. Take 5% off time and add 25% to pay

ÂŁ1000-1200 I take it its not a chb to combi conversion? expect more if it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Installation of a condensing boiler and 7 rads???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have an 20yrs heat only potterton 50e boiler with 196x old house - suspended floor - designer radiators, open vent system and hot water cylinder on first floor with two motorised valves and stat. I want to replace the boiler with minimal cost and max efficiency so thinking of replacing...
Replies
Views
Forums ... Old conventional non condensing combi boiler. Worcester 24i rsf. Bungalow (ceiling drop pipes) with 7 rads. I've bled rads. Attempted to balance - Got them heating up at similar times now. Boiler manual states 11 degree delta flow and return. Boiler is set to about 3/4 of max...
Replies
Views
E
I reckon if I did a survey of 100 heating engineers, asking what would they recommend for heating a granny annexe being built onto the side of my house, in place of the garage, most would give me a suggestion to put in a) an extension to the existing boiler rad circuit & electric water heaters...
Replies
Views
eco-heating options
E
Hi. I'm renovating a house and have replaced most piping. The upstairs rads are fitted, but the downstairs is not as it's yet to be plastered. The pipes are just chased into the walls with Speedfit stop ends attached. Can I go ahead and get the boiler replaced and the system working now and...
Replies
Views
Hi All, My home is 2 storey - split into 2no zones. 14 rads downstairs and 7 upstairs. Open vent system standard boiler. Hot water is immersion heater. The old boiler was a worchester bosch dansmoor rated at 26-32kw. Nozzle spec was 1.0 gph. However the enginer had 0.85gph nozzle in it. It...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock