Search the forum,

Discuss Installation check. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Glosterboy

I recently had a new extension built with full plumbing, central heating etc.
After 3 months the mains fitment (plastic to metal) came away and the kitchen/diner was flooded with the new £2000 floor ruined.
The plumber blaimed the Plasson fitment but Plasson blamed the plumber.
To cut a long story short, the plumber reinstated the installation but has included some 37 joints inside the kitchen cupboard and it looks like another disaster waiting to happen.
Is there an industry body or independant adjudicator who will inspect and comment on the suitability of the installation?
I'm worried sick that the whole episode will be repeated.
Any advice would be welcome.
Thanks

i dont think it is physically possible to get 37 fittings inside the one unit

TBH i've piped full houses with less than 37 fittings. If all these are on one pipe inside one unit you water will be dizzy before it gets anywhere.
A picture would be good just to see how he managed it.

[Now do you believe me?] Flood 021.jpg

I knew the water would be dizzy:D

Could have been laid out better with a bit of forward thinking but at least it is in copper and pretty neat.

It should be fine.

It looks like the engineer can bend pipe and solder joints ok and the correct fittings/clips have been used in the right places as far as I can tell.

centralheatking

Round and round the garden like a teddy bear, one step two step tickle you under there. Theres a bit of a mix and match of fittings etc and as said could have been thought out better so you didnt lose the bottom of your cuboard, but as long as everything has been nipped up properly and the pipe has been inserted fully into the fittings then it will be okay. If it was me doing this after having somthing blow off then Id make extra sure everything was tight as I went along. Youve just been unlucky forget about it an find somthing else to worry about ,chin up!. If you really want it check by an expert witness then google Eric Mace, Colin Topp, J Higgs etc.

It's not as sad as it sounded. However make sure inserts have been fitted on the MDPE pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Installation check. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
Hi all I wonder if anybody can help me, ok basically we live in a council owned four bedroom house, with a condensing boiler with a sealed central heating system, recently we had a new sink and taps fitted in our kitchen downstairs and then a short while afterwards our problems began..when ever...
Replies
Views
S
Good Evening, Purchased a 1960's 4 bed semi in December 2011. Main family bathroom & on-suite upstairs both having showers installed. Downstairs has a W/C. The house is being fully refurbished and it has now come down to deciding on a new central heating system. Back in early January 2012 I...
Replies
Views
D
hello all, i am a 22 year old male who was made redundant just after christmas from my mechanical engineering apprenticeship. It was a NVQ4 advanced apprenticeship and i had just entered my third year (nvq3) when the company went into administration. Before this job i also had 12 months...
Replies
Views
pmac10
P
M
Hi all, i have what i hope is a very easy question to answer but i have a back boiler which heats my central heating and water. i've had a problem with the f/e tank permanently overflowing and have been told that it is more than likely the coil in the tank. i drained the central heating system...
Replies
Views
K
We've moved into this house last month and for the first week we were able to drink the cold water from the kitchen tap no problem and we used the washing machine to the left of the kitchen sink that the previous owner left. Then my new Hotpoint washing machine and dishwasher arrived from...
Replies
Views
REDSAW
R
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock