From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Install marks on shower tray in the DIY Bathroom Remodelling Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Plumber
Gas Engineer
I have been doing a bathroom suite this week and my mate helping has got dirty hand marks all over the white shower tray when he dropped it in place.
Whats the best way to remove dirty greasy marks off the shower tray??

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Cream cleaner

king of pipes

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Advent Win
Jif cream cleaner is good as anything bud , minor marks can be rubbed out with a enamel rubber available from merchants. Cheers kop

Best

Esteemed
Plumber
Greasy hand marks can be cleaned with Tec7 cleaner spray or similar.
If you can get Isopropyl, it will clean really well and evaporate very rapidly, as it is pure alcohol. (if buying from a chemist, they might not sell you any if you look like you might drink it)

Best

Esteemed
Plumber
Jif cream cleaner is good as anything bud , minor marks can be rubbed out with a enamel rubber available from merchants. Cheers kop
Jif is now called Cif I think and is brilliant for cleaning grease etc, but it will leave a residue and not good for later painting if used for cleaning walls or siliconing shower tray, unless it is removed. That is why I prefer alcohol cleaner

Bulk Workwear - Workmans Clothing and Protective Gear
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Ric2013

Plumber
Cif (Jif) is a miracle cream cleaner that has all the disadvantages of Ajax/Vim, without working half as well. But Ajax/Vim are considered somewhat old hat and I think discontinued in the UK, so now it's all you can get hold of easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Install marks on shower tray in the DIY Bathroom Remodelling Advice area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Wetroom Store - Official Forum Sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
Test4Less PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Plumbing Advice - Find Plumbers Jobs
Power Shower Booster - Official PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Wetroom Store - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Corgi Direct - Plumbers Forums Sponsor
uHeat Forum Sponsor - PlumbersForums.net
Bulk Workwear - Workwear Sponsor for Plumbers Forums