Search the forum,

Discuss Install Bidet Shower to THIS pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kovac

Hi, I'd like to fit a bidet shower to this toilet:

2012-08-18 15.42.22.jpg

Obviously, it's a metal pipe and I'm not sure how I'd attach a bidet shower hose to it. Please advise. Thanks.

Hi Kovac, there's some strict rules about fitting bidets and for good reasons.
I'd suggest you contact a local plumber.

It's not a bidet, it's a bidet shower, Muslim shower...whatever they call them.

I thought it'd be fairly straightforward because it's just a question of connecting the hose to the water supply, right?

I might be wrong but there is no way you can connect one of those hoses in this country.

It's to do with the possibility of the hose dropping into the water then that foul water crawling back up the hose into the mains supply.

I was told at college that they were completely against regs but someone here on the forum may have a way round this problem

http://www.bidet-shower.co.uk/_resources/cms/WRAS_eWRAStracts_from_the_UK_Water_Regulation_Guide.pdf
Please take a good look at the above link, if you don't understand what it all means then you need to find a plumber who has done the water regs course who does. As with most things there is always a way to install these fittings correctly. The trouble is you will, 100% guaranteed, not be able or willing, due to the very high costs & the space required to install these fittings correctly so that they comply with the Law, which is the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations 1999. Should you go ahead & install such a fitting you of course will liable for a large fine if you are caught but as important you will be putting at real risk the safety of the water supplies not only in your house but for streets around it.
Please DO NOT install such fitting.
It really annoys me that these fittings are being sold when they know the score with the Law, course there is nothing to stop them selling fittings like these.
Sorry but no self respecting plumber is going to help you break the law Kovac, have you not got room to have a proper bidet with a tap that has an air gap, installed ?
I am not so sure they could find one to match the W.C pan. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Install Bidet Shower to THIS pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A simple procedure has turned difficult. I am trying to disconnect a floor-mounted bidet so I can change the click clack waste. All is straightforward apart from disconnecting the two flexible hoses to the mixer tap. I had expected the two isolators to make this easy but was unable to turn the...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Just installed a supply for an ascending spray bidet (separate feed from cold water storage tank with in line instantaneous dedicated heater) and now cannot find a supplier for the intended back to wall bidet. Does anyone know of a supplier? Thanks
Replies
Views
jaytee2
J
Hi.. I am after advice on installing a bidet in a toilet with the water valve hidden inside the cistern. I am renting. Is there anyone with a creative way to go about this without drilling the cistern? If that doesn’t make a lot of sense, let me know and I will add a photo. Thank you very...
Replies
Views
Hi all, grateful for your expertise on the following. DIYer, not pro. Rural property in France Single storey. Septic tank. Late 80s construction with concrete slab subfloor. All of the waste pipes run in the concrete, and exit the property at the chamber as pictured, just outside the building...
Replies
Views
Hi. Could somebody recommend a Muslim shower valve that does not leak please? Or one that has a washer that you can replace if it leaks? Some sort of tap will be fine that you can connect the shower pipe to please, ideally in chrome? Many thanks in advance
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock