Search the forum,

Discuss install 2 pipe copper pipe for CH - can i combine the pipes? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

3 bed 1900s house , ground floor is concrete floor, requires 3 or 4 medium size radiators, rather than chanelling the concrete floor with 22mm copper central heating pipes (via a duct or sleeve pipe to satisfy building regulations, would it be ok to run the ground floor 22mm copper pipes using the same 22mm copper pipe running in between floor joists on the first floor's 3 radiators, and create Tee off drop downs connecting to the ground floor radiators? is a pump required? anti gravity valve? I hope to have a combi 28k combi boiler installed

lastly, if i chanel the concrete floor, what is best for anti corrosive and for insulation of 22mm copper pipes carrying central water?
denzo tape (if the boiler goes crazy, will it withstand 65+ deg to over 90?)
vs hessian felt sleeve/horsehair
vs climaflex insulation pipes
vs kuterlux plastic coated copper pipework
vs pipe duct from travis perkin

Thank you for your invaluable help

Regards
Paul

best to drop the from the main 22mm circuits how many rads and kw sizes?

As Shaun suggests, drop from the 22 mm 1st floor pipework. I would recommend fitting TRV with drains though for future.

Anti-gravity valves IMO are there for when HW is called upon but not CH, usually fitted above the boiler but personally i'm not a fan as they are just non-return valves. Although I don't have much experience on them, others may correct me on that.

Is your current system gravity?

best to drop the from the main 22mm circuits how many rads and kw sizes?

Thank you for your response.

I have 7 rads, total 9kw MAX as each rad is no more than the largest rad at 1250w.

I will have combi worcester boiler and should have a pump.

is it ok to run 22mm main circuit through /along the first floor joist, then tee off for first floor rads (furthest is 14 metres away) and drop to ground floor rad (17metres away)?

I will run the plumbing myself to save money as I was made redundant just before Xmas. and a gas guy to install the boiler and run pipe from metre to boiler.

which normal home central heating radiators:
Barlo (Quinn - hold less water, saving) ;
VS Henrad/Stelrad
Vs KUDOX (screwfix)
VS Myson ;

am open to ideas?

thank you

Yes sounds ok just get the gas guy round to make sure he's happy with it and can he see any problems

Reply to install 2 pipe copper pipe for CH - can i combine the pipes? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock