Search the forum,

Discuss insinkerator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buffy27

whats the craic,
insinkerator.anyone had issues with them backing up.waste connection goes on to the side.then a trap and continuing out in 1 and a half inch waste .is there a need for a trap,would the unit stop smells coming back itself.could the client just have over loaded it.trap was completely blocked with fresh waste food[did nt seem like it was a slow accumilation ]

think she over loaded it. problem is she has alredy blamed the plumber . ie me. have some answers for her now at least. looked a few off them up on line. veg peels need to be added gradually,common to be clogged by veg apparently. she has already told half the place i flooded her kitchen, heard it back from a friend tonight. oh the joys of it. mouthy bxtxch:eek: installed a heatpump, underfloor and solar panel on the same job, all working a treat with 5 months and something like this happens and up she gets on the high horse.ggggggrrrrrrrrrrr:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

should run tap when using,2 inch waste if posible and go direct to drain not a gully

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to insinkerator in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I really need some help or advise….. Back story….. Some years ago my dad had an extension to his house which included a newly built downstairs shower room. Recently he had this downstairs shower room re-fitted/decorated. Quite a simple set up consisting of a sink, toilet and shower...
Replies
Views
Hello folks, My kitchen sink waste pipes, which also take the drain hoses from the washing machine and the dishwasher (see attached photo) are causing me a problem. Roughly once a year, it starts to backup, and I have to uncouple the trap from the horizontal waste pipe, and suck out the...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, My mum's had a plumbing issue in her house that has gone on for a year or two. Every so often, maybe every 2 weeks or so, when she empties the bowl in the kitchen, or runs the tap in the kitchen she can smell the drains in her living room. There's a solid floor in the kitchen and the...
Replies
Views
R
Hi there, sorry for the long post. We are getting desperate here and could use some advice. :( For about 5 weeks now the kitchen sink has been blocked which means we cannot use the washing machine or obviously the kitchen sink (we have to wash dishes in the bathtub which hurts our backs). We...
Replies
Views
petercj
P
S
My customer got a new waste disposal unit under the kitchen sink. He complained about bad smell coming up the unit. After a quick look it turned out that the bad smell was coming from the drains because a trap wasn't fitted! I fitted a new trap, a in line "U" bend trap. The customer call me...
Replies
Views
adam121
A
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock