Search the forum,

Discuss Inline pipe valve/taps dripping after turning off and back on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I’ve recently moved into an old house and I’ve just replaced the immersion heater in a copper cylinder.
The problem is that, to stop the tank from refilling I turned off two pipe valves (not knowing which did what) and now I’ve truned them back on they’re both dripping. How do I stop the dripping? Do I replace the valve or can I tighten the slim nut beneath the tap heads?

You can tighten the gland nut "slim nut)

Ok, how do you repack if I was to have a go?

If I was to replace them which seems the best solution, I’m just not sure which pipes are for what, so I guess I’d have to drain the system and hope for the best when I undo the compression fitting ha ha

Reply to Inline pipe valve/taps dripping after turning off and back on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock