Search the forum,

Discuss inline instantaneous water heaters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jamier

My wife is setting up a hair salon but premises as no hot water. Premises is fitted with a small electric boiler so we need to install an inline instantaneous water heater to supply 2 wash basin for shampooing. We have looked at various heaters which say can serve to basins but one shower. On the wash basins they have a little shower head does this come under the two basin structure or two showers? Any help would be grateful please
thankyou

Look at Ariston under sink, unvented water heaters, which supply multiple outlets. Make sure it is installed by a professional with an unvented ticket.

thankyou but we are looking for a heater that does not store water by the litre. We are looking for an inline instantaneous water heater eg zip etc

Look at Ariston under sink, unvented water heaters, which supply multiple outlets. Make sure it is installed by a professional with an unvented ticket.

Only on heaters over 15l

Have a look at ZIP heaters...... the inline can only do one outlet, I would give them a ring for your requirements

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Folks,

Regarding the Zip Inline water heaters - can anyone give their thoughts on these?

I'm building a very small house and like the idea of instant water through the Zip 12kw instant heater (or similar). The heating is underfloor electric, so I only need water for sink and bath.

Anyone able to advise?

Thanks in advance.

Colin

I have fitted a few of the Redring Powerstream heaters and they are pretty good, better than the Zip IMO but whatever you choose you will need to ask an electrician first about compatibility with the supply.

The problem with electric water heaters is the amount of electricity they require. Usually their requirements are so high, they require a dedicated electrical supply circuit of their own. So you have to think about that when deciding where to site it as well as the water supply route.

instant water for ... bath.

Assuming a bath capacity of 110 litres with a temperature rise of 30 degrees Celsius (ignoring heat losses (ie, being VERY optimistic!) and assuming 100% efficiency) you would need to put 13.8MJ in, so a 12KW heater would take 20 minutes to heat the water. With heat losses you could easily add another 5 to 10 minutes so you're going to be waiting quite a while for your bath!

Fitted Redring and they seem pretty good to be honest.....check out their website for more details

my nephew had the same a couple of years ago,
salon, all electric no gas.

point to remember is, how often does 2 get their hair washed at the same time? not many.

i fitted 2 electric showers instead, job a goodun.

Just a thought, remember to check your mains pressure is more than 1bar, or, what ever the heater you pick says it needs.

The only option in a local shop was to fit a Redring, but it does not like a low pressure mains supply, the shop suffers with pressure generally between pretty much nothing to just under 1bar, so their hot water is not exactly wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to inline instantaneous water heaters in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock