Search the forum,

Discuss Indirect Pipe Layout. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

carl3011

Hi, Currently Have Indirect Cylinder With Boiler, Looking To Change To Combi Boiler But Got Question About Pipes, Pipes For Heater Out Of Cylinder Has 3 Pipes ( 1 Return, 1 Feed & 1 Bypass? I Think),to Complete Circuit Back To Combi Boiler Would I Just All Three Pipes Together?
Is It Ok To Run Combi Boiler Through Plstic Piping Which Is In My House.

hmm the pipes to the combi am sure can be piped up in plastic APPART FROM THE GAS!!!
am sure to a cylinder its cold feed at bottom, hot at top, the 2 on the side are your flow and return thats all i can think of.

Most (all?) boiler installations require copper pipe within a certain distance of the boiler - usually about 1m. Plastic thereafter is fine.

Think youll find its not just as easy as joining the pipes together. you will need to remove the motorised vales and the pump (if pumped) and the motorised valves join together the pipes either side of the pump and cap the end of the return pipe as hot water from the cylinder is no longer needed this part of the system is redundant and no longer needs to be used. of course there is the hot water to consider too as this will need altering to be attached to the combi!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Indirect Pipe Layout. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock