Search the forum,

Discuss Inaccessible Hot Water Leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

renamecor

Hi All.

OK, I have a leak/weep from a compression fitting on a hot water pipe, looks like whoever installed it had plenty of fittings and not enough long pipe as I can't see any other reason for the fitting being there (straight thru).

The problem is its location, its at floor level right behind the toilet bowl, the fitting is old and furred up, and there is a cold water pipe running right over the top, so inaccessible that I cannot get any tools into there to tighten it up (or even undo it out for that matter).

I tried some amalgamating tape, but that failed, probably due to the fact I could not clean the surface and my bad application (due to restricted access).

The pipe goes out of the bathroom, through a wall into another room so its going to be a real pig to replace.

Are there any products you would try to stop this leak.

Thanks in advance.

could you get better access if you were to remove the toilet? it least then you could if you wanted to replace the a section of pipe with soldered fittings?

May not be easy access or easy to replace but just needs to be done, look at it in the bigger picture replace as much of the rubbish as you can and try and make accessability easier.

As previous poster said may need to remove the toilet

just take your time turn off the water drain down as needed and take the WC out the way then you approach it at a better angle plan it out first
even if you have to take pics or draw a pic to remember how it went and not to make the same mistake twice. even if you have to use clips to keep all the pipe accessible.
solder joints will be best.
you mite have to move the cold feed pipe but wjile your there it mite make your life easier that way?

can we have a pic of the offending fitting/area
remember to empty the sisterm first and mop out any water from the pan before un plumbing it

Last edited by a moderator:
cut the pipe either side of the toilet where you can get access and replace the section with the leaking fitting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Inaccessible Hot Water Leak in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock