Search the forum,

Discuss Improvised high level flush pipe. in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi all.

I need to improvise a flush pipe some how. Anyone managed to do this with waste pipe at all. Basically the cistern is on the back of a 2 inch stud wall of where the toilet will go. The pipe cannot go straight down due to a washing machine needing to fit into the space below the cistern. So I need to do 2 x 45s from the cistern into the wall and then into the toilet.

Attachments

• IMG-20220719-WA0018.jpg
    IMG-20220719-WA0018.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 11
You may be right, it's not exactly a day to day job. I may get some grief for this but If you can find ABS flush pipe then you can glue it and swage with heat if necessary.
Or...
Are there any boss rubbers that will fit the pan?

Slow and steady is the way.
Of course I don't do it, coz I'm a professional but if I did I'd probably just use my blowtorch from a fair distance (a few inches closer than I could hold my hand) and constantly spin the pipe untill it gets floppy.

You could reduce to 1 1/4 at tip and 'swage' to desired size with a home-made former (another bit of pipe)

Polypropylene (pushfit) won't thermoset and will just burn, but you won't be using that for this.

Yes should fit or use a macalpine comp coupling and use a standard flush pipe

Can the cistern be rigged up in the same room as the pan somewhere?

Even at high level or on a different wall?

A good way to bend pipe if you need to is cap one end, heat some sand up and fill the pipe - wait a short while and you can bend it without distorting it too much. Then leave it to cool, then remove the sand.

Have to experiment a bit, but it’s quite fun too!

Can the cistern be rigged up in the same room as the pan somewhere?

Even at high level or on a different wall?

A good way to bend pipe if you need to is cap one end, heat some sand up and fill the pipe - wait a short while and you can bend it without distorting it too much. Then leave it to cool, then remove the sand.

Have to experiment a bit, but it’s quite fun too!
I've seen it done with steel tube but never thought about doing it hot with plastic pipe.
That's my weekend sorted - playing with a big long floppy length🥳

Reply to Improvised high level flush pipe. in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys So a bit of a dilemma Normal WC Unit height 766mm which is around the average mark. quite alot of bogs lets say the flush pipe center from floor is 330-340ish. However I have a comfort height Pan here and the center to the flush pipe from floor is 405MM So we're looking 65-75mm...
Replies
Views
Hey Guys I’ve noticed this weekend that my en-suite toilet pan water level is seeming to regress after an hour. Toilet flushes as normal and water levels are all fine in the cistern. If I flush the toilet and wait all looks fine. However after an hour the water levels have dropped by a couple...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have to replace the flush valve and/or the washer but unfortunately it's inside the vanity unit. The only way is removing the toilet. I turned the screw on the cistern pipe to stop the water. I removed all the silicon around the toilet, now I can easily lift up the Front panel but...
Replies
Views
Hello! I was checking something in the toilet cistern. I flushed, but holding the float ball, so the cistern wouldn't be filled. With a very low level of water in the cistern, I flushed a couple of times. Then I let go of the float ball and the cistern was filled. I didn't do or change...
Replies
Views
Any ideas on the a decent flush to wall close coupled toilet/brand? Should I just go for Victoria Plumb Orchard brand? Just to clarify I'm not looking for a btw type with a hidden cistern. I'm looking for a flush to wall close coupled loo i.e.so you cant see soil pipe/so theres no open back/no...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock