Search the forum,

Discuss Impossible to fit toilet seat! in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

For the life of me I can’t work out how to fit our toilet seat. The builders obviously couldn’t either and used silicon that has now come loose. All I can imagine is it needs a nut fitting with a barb that expands after the bolt is pushed into the base but I’ve never heard of such a thing. It’s beaten me so would love to know! Thx
99F5C83D-B3A1-4F52-8FF5-0C940FF8C824.jpeg

The rubber piece is the barb

clean everything up eg remove the silicon

undo the centre screw so that the rubber barb is loose push the barb into the hole

tighten the screw

You need to clean and degrease the blind hole and the fittings otherwise as the rubber bung expands it doesn`t bind/ grip inside the hole. Google blind hole fittings and consider replacing if it doesn`t work after cleaning.

As above, clean all the crap off and insert the bung after loosening. As you tighten the screw , the bung expands

You need to clean and degrease the blind hole and the fittings otherwise as the rubber bung expands it doesn`t bind/ grip inside the hole. Google blind hole fittings and consider replacing if it doesn`t work after cleaning.
Genius, thanks very much!
[automerge]1594131936[/automerge]
As above, clean all the crap off and insert the bung after loosening. As you tighten the screw , the bung expands
Really, kind and much appreciated. Thank you.
[automerge]1594131979[/automerge]
The rubber piece is the barb

clean everything up eg remove the silicon

undo the centre screw so that the rubber barb is loose push the barb into the hole

tighten the screw
Brilliant, now why didn't I think of that?! Thank you!

Reply to Impossible to fit toilet seat! in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock